cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asteroid

WA50R5200AW White marks left on everything that is washes

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Purchased a WA50R5200AW Samsung top load washer and dryer. All new water hoses were also installed at the time of purchased. From day one, every load has white residue left on the clothing, like dried lint. Most of it comes off after going through the dryer, but for the load of clothes that I hand dry every week, they are covered in these marks. I have tried everything. Starting with the detergent, I have tried three different kinds, all are liquid detergent. I have tried less soap, more soap, more water, less water, more rinse cycles, less. I have tested my homes' water for hardness, there is no concern there. I have added a laundry additive like Borax to help but makes no change. I have run the "clean cycle", no change. I have called Samsung customer service, they say it isn't a mechanical issue and there isn't anything that can be done. I turn ever piece of clothing inside and out and this is getting really old. It is a brand new machine! I see in other Samsung forums the same issue effected other models. There is no lint trap or other filter on the machine to manually empty. I am at a complete loss. Can anyone help?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: WA50R5200AW White marks left on everything that is washes

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You can use white vinegar, or baking soda when you run a self-clean cycle. (not at the same time) run that for a couple of days and you should see a difference.

If not please feel free to send me a private message with your full serial number http://bit.ly/2tCGnGK

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You can use white vinegar, or baking soda when you run a self-clean cycle. (not at the same time) run that for a couple of days and you should see a difference.

If not please feel free to send me a private message with your full serial number http://bit.ly/2tCGnGK

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This has not solved my problem. Is there any other solutions?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I purchased this unit myself about a year ago. I had and continue to have the exact same problem. I also have been unable to find a solution for this. I can not be more disappointed with this washer. I intended to have it for years. Instead I'm already looking to replace it and certainly not with a Samsung product. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi! Was this resolved? I am also having the same problem. When I first purchased a similar model and had it delievered, the top load door was locked. Had a technican come out and tell us the lock latch was broken! Never even used it or anything and the door was already broken!?? Super dissappointed by the quality. Now, I still have this persistent white residue clothing problem that has never been properly dealt with! 

Readers + Potential Purchasers!!! I REPEAT!! DO NOT PURCHASE!! 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The solution Samsung has offered doesnt work. Had a tech come out to assess and they had no idea, came and went without fixing anything.  He said my washer was the cleanest he has ever seen, but still the problem persists.  Ive tried everything and nothing is working. I would not advise buying this machine for those looking for a new purchase. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This exact same thing happened to me yesterday. Repair guy came out to look at the machine. Offered nothing else apart from the already suggested trouble shooting steps. Put in a sample load to see how the clothes came out. Not to my surprise it came out with lint and white streaks. However, he still insisted that the machine is running fine. Just put in another load and as you can see in the pictures it is not running fine. 

If you're looking for a washer. I have to suggest you look elsewhere. 

IMG_6762.jpgIMG_6765.jpg