Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
user3InbTYGwgm
Constellation

WASHER WHITE RESIDUE

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What is the white granular residue i keep finding in my washed clothes and in the bottom of the tub? I have done the self clean numerous times. Top load model # WA48H7400AW/A2

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: WASHER WHITE RESIDUE

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you have gone over all of the steps and have made 100% sure it's not a detergent issue then service repairs are recommended. You can message me here: http://bit.ly/2igAXKH  for details. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

82 REPLIES 82
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Do you use powder detergent? If yes, that could be an answer. It could also be excess liquid detergent if you happened to have used too much in a load and it didn't wash itself out through the cycle. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

user3InbTYGwgm
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No powder detergent ever used.  Tried different liquids minimal amount used. Have run self clean several times. White granual residue still there.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

An you're using only HE detergents correct? Happen to have a pic of the residue?

user3InbTYGwgm
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Only HE detergents used. I will try to collect some of the residue and take a pic. The best I can describe it is that it looks like the white-grayish white corrision from aluminum.

user3InbTYGwgm
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I did find a couple of pics on the web of aY shaped brace or framework on the bottom of the tub that was just disintegrating and falling apart. Could this be happening to mine but not to that extent yet?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I mean anything is possible, but in my experiences I doubt it. I will certainly be happy to look into this further though. 

user3InbTYGwgm
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would appreciate it if you could look into this situation further. Thank you.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

By any chance, have you checked the inlet filters to see if there was any build up on them?

user3InbTYGwgm
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Checked the water inlet filters and they are clean.