cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

WF45H6300 Stale Water smell - not from house drain

WF45H6300 Stale Water smell - not from house drain

I've had this washer for ~5 years and had zero problems with it. Moved into a new house and after 5 months, there is a stale water / moldy smell coming from it. I have confirmed it is not the main drain into the house...the p-trap is filled with water and smell does not come from washer. Clothes in the washer smell fine after they are cleaned. If the door is closed the smell starts to go away, if you open the door the smell comes back. I have emptied the drain tube locate don the lower front of the washer, I have cleaned the filter down there as well (it wasnt that dirty either). I think the smell is coming from the drain tube, but my next thought is to replace it but how likely is it that it is the tube? Washer has also been cleaned inside the gasket as well as running the cleaning cycle with bleach as recommended...any help??

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: WF45H6300 Stale Water smell - not from house drain

I'm sorry to hear that, just to confirm have you tried the troubleshooting steps in the link below: 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01110749/

If these do not help then you can send me a private message with your full model and serial number. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.