Original topic:

Washer Doesn't Clean Clothes MODEL: WA51A5505AW/US

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
Marissa26E
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

I purchased my Samsung Washer and Dryer about two years ago (March 2022) and had them delivered and installed by Home Depot. After many experiences with both machines, I have reached the conclusion that the washer (top-loading) does not clean clothes. I've experimented with several wash settings, water temperatures, and detergents, but nothing seems to solve the underlying, MAJOR issue that the clothes are simply getting wet but not getting clean.

There have been suggestions on using 'deep fill' so that the clothes have more water to interact with, but I use this option nearly every cycle only to find my clothes smell the same as they did when I put them in. I've become very conscientious to avoid staining clothes because I realize once anything is stained, the washer will not remove them and the clothing item will be stained permanently.  

Before I get the link to the article suggesting to clean the washer or pre-treat the stained article of clothing, it should be noted that the washer is clean, no error codes, and no clogged hoses. I would also like to mention that before the Samsung washer, I had a Maytag washer and dryer that I'd used over twenty years. They were still working, they never had any issues, and they got the tough stains out without any 'pre-treating'. The clothes smelled lovely, were stain-free, and felt soft against the skin. Those were the days...😪

2 Replies
MitchFlorida
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

I'd say it's impossible that your clothes are not getting cleaned from your description unless you aren't using the right detergent.  Buy a box of Tide powder detergent and put a generous amount of detergent into the tub before adding the soiled clothes and warm water.  Assuming the agitator is working it would be chemically impossible for the clothes not to get clean.  Add more detergent if necessary.

0 Likes
Marissa26E
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

I will try powder detergent, but I’m not holding my breath. I’ve tried multiple high efficiency detergents and…nothing. The washer seems to only use water to wash clothes. Therefore, not effective. Will reply after trying this though.

0 Likes