JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Washer - No Rinse Cycle and Does Not Agitate/ not doing what it's intended to do

(Topic created: 09-04-2022 06:02 PM)
userP9iVbYiLWE
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

I have a top loading washer that is 4 months old.  It is not performing a rinse cycle.  It does the washing part fine, spins, then puts about 4" of water in the tub. It does not agitate.  The tub may move slowly around 2 or 3 times but sometimes it doesn't.  The clothes stay plastered to the side of the tub and never touch the water.  After about 2 minutes it drains the water, spins for over 30 minutes, then turns off.  Repairman replaced mother board and pressure plate 4 days ago and it still does not perform a rinse cycle.  (I have to stop it after the wash portion and change to "Rinse and Spin" in order to rinse my laundry.)

My drain hose goes into a sink.  It is not kinked or blocked in any way.  It's 36" above the floor.  In order to get the hose to the sink I had to remove it from the round, white bracket near the top of the machine.   I don't think that matters (and neither did the repairman) but since it's the only change made to the machine I'm mentioning it.  Any ideas what is causing this machine to not fill correctly for the rinse cycle and then not agitate?

12 Replies
Mensabrite
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers
I had this washing machine...name like Midori?? The repair paerson tried TWICE to fix it, but Lowes replaced it with one that no longer has the agitator in the middle
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Washers and Dryers
Unplug from wall
Hold power button for one minute.
Plug and test
0 Likes
userP9iVbYiLWE
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

I appreciate the suggestion.  I did this and sadly it didn't fix the problem.  Second repair appointment is in a few days. 

0 Likes
userP9iVbYiLWE
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

Update from original poster:  This has truly become absurd.  2nd and 3rd repair visits failed to fix the problem.  Both repairmen didn't install the parts that Samsung sent because the parts wouldn't fix the problem (one was just a replacement cover for a panel on the back of the washer).  The 3rd attempt was 4/14.  The repairman called tech support and twice they hung on him after he asked for help.  The 3rd tech person asked if the repairman had observed the problem with the Normal cycle not performing a rinse; he had because I started a load of laundry when I knew he was en route.  Tech guy asked if I had put fabric softener in for that load.  I had not.  He said that the machine doesn't do a rinse cycle if there's no fabric softener in the dispenser.  He chastised me for not reading the manual.  The manual doesn't say this and I told him that.  The repair man called Tech support again.  Explained the Normal cycle doesn't perform a rinse cycle.  However, it does a rinse cycle if I set it up for an extra rinse.  (It does both rinse cycles.)  It does a rinse cycle if I use Quick Wash.  The tech support guy then told the repair man to to observe the Quick Wash to prove I was correctly stating the situations.  So I did a Quick Wash cycle to prove it.  Next phone call, tech support says it's not enough for repair man to observe what is happening.  I was told to video EACH of the the wash cycles for the machine and have them ready for the repair scheduled for 4/21.  For that repair, they'll replace the control board again.  The last tech guy said that this machine doesn't do a rinse cycle in the Normal setting regardless of whether I use fabric softener or not.  He said this was obvious since both the original control board and the replacement didn't produce a rinse cycle.  I responded that was a ridiculous explanation.  We'll see what happens on the 21st.  In the meanwhile, I've emailed the manager of the Lowe's where I bought the machine to see if I can return it for a full refund.  Also, I now realize that my hunch that the matching dryer doesn't always run for the full timed cycle I select is correct.  It cut off 4 minutes into a 20 minute cycle.  On the off chance that someone from Samsung monitors this board and hasn't figured this out yet, I'm fed up with my non-functional machines and insulted by the repair process.   

userRqx6j8fOzl
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

Just discovered my machine does the exact same thing on normal setting. Is this how it's designed to work, or is this a MAJOR design flaw? How weird and maddening! Would think most people use this cycle often. I felt slightly better when you said it does fill and agitate on the quick wash cycle. Tried the deep wash and it filled and agitated. I was excited about my new washer and dryer. Now I wish I hadn't taken a chance on Samsung. Sorry your attempts to have it repaired have failed, and you are less than pleased with their communication. Doesn't give me much hope that anything can be done to make this right. Good luck going forward.

0 Likes
userRqx6j8fOzl
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

Just want to add to the previous response. This Samsung WA44A3205AW sure loves to spin!!

userP9iVbYiLWE
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

Personally, I think it is a design flaw.  The last part replaced on my washer was a water pressure valve.  It tells the machine when it is overfilling and may overflow.  According to the tech on the phone that valve ONLY comes into play in the NORMAL cycle.  It doesn't kick in for any other cycle.  I asked "so my washer could overflow in the other cycles?"  He said yes.  

0 Likes
userw7EY2buuQz
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

This is not how it is designed to work, I had an agitated rinse in the normal cycle for 8 months and now I am told I will not get it again, well I am not just going to accept it either. Thanks, will demand my money back as well. I do not appreciate being insulted by the repair techs that are sent from the company they use out here either.

0 Likes
Solution
userP9iVbYiLWE
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

Hello.  Original poster here again.  Here's what I understand from the refund process I went through.  My retailer told me I had to deal with the repair company and Samsung.  The repair people who came to my house always called a Samsung Technician to go through troubleshooting with them.  On the 6th and final visit one of the repair people pressed the Technician to issue a "700" or "7000" ticket.  (I forget which of those 2 numbers is correct.)  That ticket has to be issued by the Samsung tech in order for the refund process to start.  The people who come to your house can't issue it.  Certainly, you can try for a refund from the retailer and I will commend you if you get it.  But don't be surprised if you end up scheduling another repair call.  I wish you well with your refund request.