JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Washer WA40J3000AW/AA not draining

(Topic created: 09-13-2020 07:14 AM)
user920uPyUG0d
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers
  • Washer WA40J3000AW/AA not draining after rinse. Checked hoses and pump, no blockage. Stopped working Wednesday evening, I drained the water and inspected the hoses before connecting everything back together. Washer worked for the next two days properly but then went back to not draining. Suggestions?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Washers and Dryers

Try these steps here and see if they work for you 🙂

1. Turn off the washer and check the level.

If the washer isn't level it may not drain correctly. Make sure your washer is level.

2. Inspect the drain hose.

Incorrect drain hose installation is the most common reason for drain issues, and service is rarely required. For more information, the full installation instructions are available in the user manual.

Verify the drain hose:

• Is not inserted more than 6 inches and less than 8 inches into the standpipe or sink
    • Is secured so it will not slip down farther
    • Does not form an airtight connection
    • Is not kinked, bent, or damaged
    • Is at least 18 inches high (24 inches for wash basins)
    • Is not higher than 96 inches (35 inches for wash basins)
    • Is not using a drain hose extension kit

Washer inspect the drain hose

• Turn the washer back on and start a cycle.

The washer should drain at the beginning of the test cycle. Once these steps are completed, if the washer still isn't draining, it will require service. There are a couple of options here we can take based on your warranty status. 
      If you’re in the one-year manufacturer’s warranty, please gather together the full model and serial number of your unit, and have ready your name, street address, 2 phone numbers (Best contact, alternative number), email, and place of purchase. Provide this information to an agent, in one of the following options below:
      1.) Reach out to a Moderator directly, by selecting our name and the message option. When messaging please use a link to this thread in addition to the info above.
      2.) Reach out to us on Facebook or Twitter. Please provide the same info as above, as well as the link to your thread.
      3.) You can also contact 1-800-726-7864, if you’d like to speak with a live agent about this situation.
      4.) Last, if you wish to speak with a live agent and don’t want to call in, you can reach out to our Live Chat team. 
      If you’re out of the one-year manufacturer’s warranty: 
      1. You can utilize this link to locate an authorized service center in your area to obtain estimates for repairs: Samsung Repair Locations or reach out to any local repair shop
      2. The other option, would be a replacement of the unit. Samsung.com offers amazing deals on different models that may be to your liking, check out those deals here: https://www.samsung.com/us/washers/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
6 Replies
Solution
SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Washers and Dryers

Try these steps here and see if they work for you 🙂

1. Turn off the washer and check the level.

If the washer isn't level it may not drain correctly. Make sure your washer is level.

2. Inspect the drain hose.

Incorrect drain hose installation is the most common reason for drain issues, and service is rarely required. For more information, the full installation instructions are available in the user manual.

Verify the drain hose:

• Is not inserted more than 6 inches and less than 8 inches into the standpipe or sink
    • Is secured so it will not slip down farther
    • Does not form an airtight connection
    • Is not kinked, bent, or damaged
    • Is at least 18 inches high (24 inches for wash basins)
    • Is not higher than 96 inches (35 inches for wash basins)
    • Is not using a drain hose extension kit

Washer inspect the drain hose

• Turn the washer back on and start a cycle.

The washer should drain at the beginning of the test cycle. Once these steps are completed, if the washer still isn't draining, it will require service. There are a couple of options here we can take based on your warranty status. 
      If you’re in the one-year manufacturer’s warranty, please gather together the full model and serial number of your unit, and have ready your name, street address, 2 phone numbers (Best contact, alternative number), email, and place of purchase. Provide this information to an agent, in one of the following options below:
      1.) Reach out to a Moderator directly, by selecting our name and the message option. When messaging please use a link to this thread in addition to the info above.
      2.) Reach out to us on Facebook or Twitter. Please provide the same info as above, as well as the link to your thread.
      3.) You can also contact 1-800-726-7864, if you’d like to speak with a live agent about this situation.
      4.) Last, if you wish to speak with a live agent and don’t want to call in, you can reach out to our Live Chat team. 
      If you’re out of the one-year manufacturer’s warranty: 
      1. You can utilize this link to locate an authorized service center in your area to obtain estimates for repairs: Samsung Repair Locations or reach out to any local repair shop
      2. The other option, would be a replacement of the unit. Samsung.com offers amazing deals on different models that may be to your liking, check out those deals here: https://www.samsung.com/us/washers/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userialUVInfzw
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Hi, I have the same issue with this washer. I tried the three steps but the issue is not solved. Can you help? Thanks.

userjPpts1vLcw
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Hello,

Our new washer is not completely draining either. There's no water visble but you can hear it.I am afraid to try and take anything apart so I  have requested service and discovered that the repair company has horrible reviews to the point where  am afraid to have them come. i phoned  customer support , tole them I want another company, and they said i did not have another option.  There are 2 other companies listed in my area but they said one is for recalls only and the other says TV repair.  I have asked for a supervisor call me back and am waitin now 15 minutes +. We have a WA50R5400AV/US. I am private messaging you as suggested above to see if there are any options available. Thank you!!

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Washers and Dryers

If you provide a transaction number I would be more than happy to look into this for you.

0 Likes
userba7vs9z9uM
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

My washer, whenever I put in a load of clothes, will sometimes randomly stop. I or somebody else will start it again or even start a new cycle. The clothes will come out soaked. Please let me know what I should do.

MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
Washers and Dryers

Hey, give this link a shot: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01203022/ If this does not help I recommend letting a service technician have a look. Send your full model code and serial number via private message to get started.

0 Likes