JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Washing Machine Continuously Spinning/Rinsing (All Models)

(Topic created: 09-15-2018 11:52 AM)
userOZ8RL6hEby
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

My wife has hated this washer since we got it. Sometimes it works correctly but most often not. It runs on and on with rinse and spin for hours. I have to shut it off and usually put it on the quick wash setting to get it to finish. I saw in your notes that there might be air in the lines. No air! Also reset the machine by unplugging the power and holding the start/ pause button for ten seconds. Neither fixed this issue. She wants it thrown in the ditch but as a life long mechanic I'm sure there must be a cure? Is there any recalls on this washer on this problem? Is there a fix for this issue? Thanks, Frank Ward

304 Replies
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
Washers and Dryers

It is located on the rim behind the door.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
MFREESE
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Did you ever find the source of the problem? Our washer is doing the same thing.

0 Likes
Options
Washers and Dryers

@MFREESE: Please send us a private message to http://bit.ly/2CGMMUe with the model number and the serial number of the unit.

0 Likes
user6opyvmfmMY
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

My washer is currently doing the same thing. What did you do to fix this? 

0 Likes
user6opyvmfmMY
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers
What do I do to fix this so I can wash clothes.
0 Likes
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Washers and Dryers

This is most likely a balancing concern. If the washing machine detects the load is unbalanced, it will drain out the water and refill it, so it can even out the load. To verify your unit is leveled correctly, please visit the link. Let us know if the symptom continues. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
user6opyvmfmMY
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers
How can I reset the washer or rebalance? Even with no clothes in it, it continues to do the same thing
0 Likes
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Washers and Dryers

You can reset your washer by completely removing the power by unplugging it or turning off the power at the circuit breaker. After about 3 minutes, turn it back on and attempt to run another cycle. However, if the unit does not drain the water on its own; I recommend manually draining the water before starting another cycle. 

0 Likes
user6opyvmfmMY
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Just balanced washer and added clothes. Started a load to see if it will properly wash, rinse, and spin. 

0 Likes
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Washers and Dryers

Thank you for taking to time to do that. Please keep us posted.

0 Likes