JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Washing Machine Continuously Spinning/Rinsing (All Models)

(Topic created: 04-21-2019 07:19 PM)
userOZ8RL6hEby
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

My wife has hated this washer since we got it. Sometimes it works correctly but most often not. It runs on and on with rinse and spin for hours. I have to shut it off and usually put it on the quick wash setting to get it to finish. I saw in your notes that there might be air in the lines. No air! Also reset the machine by unplugging the power and holding the start/ pause button for ten seconds. Neither fixed this issue. She wants it thrown in the ditch but as a life long mechanic I'm sure there must be a cure? Is there any recalls on this washer on this problem? Is there a fix for this issue? Thanks, Frank Ward

304 Replies
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Washers and Dryers

Have you tried to clean the filter on the front of the washer? There's a pump filter located at the bottom left side of the washer. Does the unit show any error codes?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
user9lBISvlsmU
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

No error codes. I have cleaned the filter.   The machine does not go into the rinse/spin repeat cycle when there is no load in the washer. But if I put 1 large towel or a load larger than 1 large towel it does the rinse/spin reset repeat.  Again have leveled washer, run calibration, replaced all shocks. the springs looked fine as well.

0 Likes
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
Washers and Dryers

I recommend letting a service technician have a look. Send your full model code and serial number via private message or call 1-800-SAMSUNG directly to get started.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user9lBISvlsmU
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

Wow, so helpful.  NOT !

StephenG
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Washer WA40J3000AW/AA stops during rinse cycle and changes load size to extra large and fills with water and then stops. This happens with no clothes in washer, large load or small load. I have to then turn off, turn on and switch to spin cycle to drain the water out of the clothes. 

I can duplicate this by starting the washer on rinse/spin cycle only. 

What could be causing this?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Washers and Dryers

@userg39jN56MA2 Be happy to look into that, Can you drop a Private Message with the full serial number of the washer? https://bit.ly/2mQxylV

0 Likes
userLErzaVG3Bs
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Not really sure how this is marked as solved. Not one solution in the whole thread. Once again, terrible customer service on Samsung. This will be the LAST Samsung product I buy. Having the same issue. Does anyone know how to fix this?

user6GBnaSYYQp
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Mine does the same thing. Then it just continues to try and spin every few minutes

0 Likes
userSHoTHm2rBN
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

This is the same issue that I am experiencing and I just bought this washer brand new today... starting to think this was a bad idea...

userftYWWtdqSW
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

I am having the same issue and have used my washer less than 2yrs. Where can I locate the serial #?

0 Likes