cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userKZCmuX69z8
Constellation

Washer WA45H7000AW leaking water everywhere

I bought this washer about 3 years ago. It had the recall for the dangerous lid and we elected to have it fixed rather than buy a new unit (because the refund would only cover about half of a new one). A few months ago, it started leaking water all over the floor during the wash cycle. I looked it up online and after much searching, I found out it was due to a hose not being connected to the washer tub. So I called Samsung and they offered to have a service company come out and fix it. The problem is that the same company could not fix my new Samsung refrigerator when it broke and gave me a lot of bad info and I ended up having to pay them out of my own pocket because it was 2 months past the warranty. This time I was wary but I agreed since Samsung said they would cover the costs. Unfortunately it was the same story. A technician came but had no idea what was wrong so I had to explain to him. Then he simply stuck the hose back on without making any changes at all. I told him it would probably detach again and he just  said "Oh", not really caring. So, I asked him to try to make it more secure, and he reluctantly added a piece of tape.... Two months later, the unit has leaked all over the floor again. Water was gushing out and again it got all over the carpet in the bedroom next to the laundry room. When I called Samsung I was told that I had to use that same company because it was the only one they contract with here (I am in California, 15 minutes from Sacramento... not exactly in a remote location). So I asked to talk to a manager and he quickly agreed that they would either find a better company to fix it or help me exchange it for a new washer. He told me he would open a ticket and it would just be the first step.... someone would call me to tell me if they found another repair company and if they did not find someone, we would go from there. They did call me back but this time they told me that because it was out of warranty, I could not use another repair company. So I mentioned the previous call to the manager, and they did not seem to care. They said that they could not help me unless I called their preferred technicians. So now i am waiting for another call, but I am sure it will be the same. The repair company they use has almost all "1 star" reviews online. Why do they insist on using them? I will just be fixing it for a couple of months only to find another huge flood down the road. We are lucky we have heard the water rushing out because we were nearby... what if the entire tub empties all over the floor? It will be a huge and costly mess. I am not sure what to do at this point. It is obviously a fault in the design but they are unwilling to fix it in a responsible way. After all the trouble with the refrigerator and the washer, both of which were big purchases for our family, I will never use Samsung appliances again.   

4 REPLIES 4
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Washer WA45H7000AW leaking water everywhere

Could you provide a transaction number that we could look into?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userKZCmuX69z8
Constellation

hose repair by samsung affiliated technicians (duct tape)

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Please get that to us as soon as you can.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Hello. Can you provide a copy of the original bill of sale?