cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shah123
Asteroid

Washer WA48J7700AW Lid Broke

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I bought this washer over a year ago.  A month or so later I found out about the recall and we chose to get it fixed.  Samsung sent a tech to fix the washer as per recall repair instructions.

But now the lid is broken right at the left hinge.  The plastic frame that holds the glass is broken where the left hinge is and the hinge is popping out.

This is crazy.  I am really disappoionted in the quality of this washer.  First it is exploding, and now the hinge broke for no reason.  I wonder if this happened because of the recall repairs.  The washer has been gently used and there is no reason for the hinge to break like this.  Does anyone know what can be done at this point?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Washer WA48J7700AW Lid Broke

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Very sorry to hear, can you shoot me a message with the serial number of the unit or a previous repair ticket number? I'd like to look into this for you to see what I can do. --> http://bit.ly/2igAXKH

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

55 REPLIES 55
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Very sorry to hear, can you shoot me a message with the serial number of the unit or a previous repair ticket number? I'd like to look into this for you to see what I can do. --> http://bit.ly/2igAXKH

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

shah123
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for the response.  Just sent you a message with the serial number and the picture.

Thanks again.

shah123
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you.  A tech came and replaced the lid.  As much as I was disappointed in the quality of the washer, I am very happy with the customer service.  I appreciate it.  Thanks again.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Awesome! I'm happy to hear this. It's been our pleasure assisting you! If you have a moment please let us know how your experience was with our Community team by taking this short survey.

This survey is based solely on your interactions with us. Please Click Here for Link 

Please reference ticket number, 23193929

Community Guidelines: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Welcome-Blog/Samsung-Community-General-Guidelines/ba-p/459817
Terms of Service: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Welcome-Blog/Samsung-Community-Terms-and-Conditions/ba-p/460091
userhSasRVeNHC
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My washer is doing the same thing. The plastic piece that keeps the left hinge in place is broken and we have not done anything for this piece to break. I was looking into how I can fix it and found this post. Any way I can get some help with this issue?

userkpWBCeR9no
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, how did you manage to have a tech come out? I believe my machine is having the exact same problem. I bought mine through Home Depot and bought a 5 year protection plan. They denied my claim stating that it is not a covered issue. Thanks!

userY38YM2n2k1
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same thing happen to me. They will not fix it. They recalled my first one. We bought a new one and it happen again. Now they wont fix new one. I will never buy Samsung again.

Highlighted
userQvnzNyHGd1
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You are so lucky! I had someone contact me after I posted my lid issue. I sent the same info you did but never got a reply.  I sent follow up emails and nothing.  I’m done with Samsung washers

userreiKVCx60h
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It is ironic that I stumbled upon this post because we have this same washer and the right lid hinge has broken it is so out of place that the washer isn't starting cycles. I thought it was a freak accident but it appears numerous people having this same issue. I would appreciate some help Samsung!