cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userdM6fOaFQee
Astronaut

Re: Washer WA48J7700AW Lid Broke

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have the same issue with this model number. We had the right hinge pop off and crack the plastic border around the lid and it has progressively gotten worse and now we can barely close the lid. I contacted the company I had an extended warranty with and they called this a "physical defect" and referred me to Samsung technical support. I am very frustrated because we just had our matching Samsung dryer repaired for a mechanical defect to the roller for the drum. (BTW hundreds report the same issue) We lost the use of our dryer for two weeks and have a family of five. Now we are about to lose use of our washer. I AM EXTREMELY FRUSTRATED. The warranty company implied we caused the issue!!! I started researching the issue and see that many many others have the same reported issue with their lid. We just want a resolution and we want Home Depot, the warranty comany (Asurion)  and Samsung to stand behind their promises and products. Please Help! My model is WA48J7700AW/A2 and my serial is <hidden serial number>. BTW this washer was a replacement washer for a washer that went bad only four months after purchasing it. Because of that Home Depot granted us a 3 year warranty that their warranty company is now not honoring. 

userefMfYKSov2
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have had the SAME issue. Back in March, the right side of the hinge broke out of nowhere. I called to get it fixed, but was out of warranty. Samsung informed me my washer was under recall, they came out and did the recall work, extended my warranty another year, and replaced the whole lid afterwards, which was great. Now, less than 6 months later, the SAME issue with the lid on the SAME side. Except for this time, it has been a pain to fix. It's been almost 3 weeks with no washer and 3 kids. Can you imagine? Samsung had Tekniton come out again, and they deemed the issues physical damage and denied my claim. Which makes no sense when they accepted the exact same issue before. I'm upset and frustrated. Like you all, I am not happy with Samsung at this time. They need to fix the issue. It isn't just me having the issue, obviously its a defective lid or part on their washing machine.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userefMfYKSov2, Mind shooting us a message with the previous transaction number?

Highlighted
userMI43oz9ebH
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have had nothing but problems with Samsung Support. A couple of years ago I heard about the recall. I went to the website, entered the model/serial number and the website said my washer was under recall.  I called customer service and they said it wasn't under recall, however they mailed me a sticker to put over the current settings menu on the washer. Now the entire inside of the washer filled up  with water and then callapsed or broke off. I called customer service 4 or 5 times today and was told to call a "recall phone number" for help. No one answers that number. It instructs you to go to their website to order repair. When I go on there it doesn't recognize my model or serial number to initiate a repair. It doesn't take my zip code to find a repair center. Online chat, that's useless as well as they send automatic responses then tell you a "We are notifying Samsung Care Pros. It usually takes less than a minute." But no one ever comes on to chat.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userefMfYKSov2; Just checking back in to see if you still need assistance. 

uservsCLz0PCKU
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My lid has done all of this and more! It's completely broken on the left side and right. The glass is even coming out and you can barely close it just to start a cycle! I cannot believe Samsung would build a lid with a tiny metal Hinge housed inside a plastic frame... Of course it's going to break. The metal hinges should be the full length of the plastic frame! Samsung of course said it's out of warranty but wouldn't even tell me what part the lid is and where I could order a new one. I did some research and think I found it but what I see it could cost half as much as the whole washing machine! This is unacceptable. Never ever buying a Samsung appliance again.

user1q6JmViudY
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

As stated with other customers I am now having lid issues with the same washer.  The left side of the washing machine lid is now bowing at the top in a small section.  With each start of a load of wash I question if the lid will stay on and will there be water all over my laundry room.  In two years time there was a recall repair done to it.  The basin to rinse clothes inside the washer broke.  Would not be covered under warranty by Samsung.  It's hard to understand what is considered wear and tear on an appliance.  I am very disappointed with the product and will never buy another Samsung product again.  In less than 3 years I may be in search of another washer when my previous one lasted me close to 15 years.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user1q6JmViudY: Could you send me a private message with your model and serial number?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

usernAnUMiAsoR
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine has broken as well. I have owned my for 18 months and is now out of warranty. It seems to be a common problem and a design flaw. I had unfortunatly not seen anything about a recall. 

I purchased this unit with a dryer because I had a great experience with Samsung products in the past. But upon calling in I have been told that it would be a 100.00 diagostic fee and I would be 100% on the hook for the parts and installation.

Very disaponted. I would like to think that Samsung stands behind there customers.

Rod

usernMshxcwMRo
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the exact same issue.  On my 3rd sink now in 2 years.   poor