cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lenahan
Asteroid

Re: Washer WA48J7700AW Lid Broke

JUMP TO SOLUTION

A piece of my washer lid broke on the inside near the hinge. It now won’t stay shut unless I place something heavy in that spot. Do I need to replace the whole lid or just the inside plastic piece? Thank you

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@lenahan I would be happy to assist you. Could you provide me with your full model and serial number via this private message link?

lenahan
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello. My model number is Wa56h9000apa2 Serial number is <EDIT>

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@lenahan With your model and serial number, your wash has been affected by the top load washer recall.  To get the recall service done, you will need to call the recall department at 1-866-264-5636 and provide them with the model and serial number. If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us Smiley Happy

lenahan
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello. I had repair man out to fix the recall problem.  How do I get my lid fixed now?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@lenahan, Please send us a private message to the link with your most recent ticket number. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

lenahan
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Broken lid still isn't fixed. What do I do

user2EmPoTqTxt
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can anyone tell me if I can change this myself?It seems to be a chronic problem.Thankfully my machine was not part of the recall with the flying lids however it still has this issue!

Highlighted
userVXMwSIOnGm
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Exact same thing happened to me. After the warranty repair and top broke at the hinge, I've just fought it for the last year and a half. I have to put a brick on top to hold it down.  Trying to find a place to buy a lid. Hoping i can install myself.

userwXodurKUIE
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Unfortunately, their listed "solution" isn't a solution at all. Half of the people respojnding to the OP are writing about the plastic ActiveWash sink hinge breaking, but this apparently is not what the recall they keep mentioning is about. But based on the insane number of responses about the sink hinge, there should be a recall on it.

Just FYI, you can remove and replace the broken ActiveWash sink relatively easily. I found a replacement at https://www.shopjimmy.com/samsung-washer-dc64-03241a-door-lid-upper-wash-basin.htm for $69. I found a lot more on other sites, but that was the cheapest.

Use a screwdriver to push in the grey clips at the hinges, which will let you slide them both inward toward the center of the lid; they can then be removed. Keep the basin in the up position and slide the right hinge out. The left hinge is a little tougher and you might need a screwdriver to pop it out.

Keep the grey clips, you will need them if you plan to replace the sink. Also on the left hinge is a small round grey spacer that you'll need to keep as well.

Hold the new sink in the up position when you put it back on, put the small grey washer onto the little rectangular shaft you took it off of (on the washer lid, not on the sink), then snap the new sink into the two hinge spots. The right side goes on very easy, the left side took a little wiggling/pushing, but I was able to get it to snap into place.

This was MY solution, but you can just as easily remove the sink forever by removing the two grey clips,  the round grey spacer and the basin. The CORRECT solution would be for Samsung to recognize that hundreds of these washers have had that hinge break at the clip, just admit is was a minor design flaw, and offer a free repair/replace solution to the sink.

Hope this helps anyone else with this problem, I found hundreds of posts about the problem, but couldn't find anyone that was able to properly fix it.