cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
useroR18IPC809
Constellation

Re: Washer WA48J7700AW Lid Broke

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Good morning, my washer too is part of the recall and the lid has broken. I purchased it from Home Depot with a 5yr warranty and they’ve denied my claim. They said since Samsung repaired the recall they can’t replace the lid. It’s been broken for a while now and I can’t seem to find a replacement lid. Is there something I can do? 

useryau3eEiYyx
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My washer lid broke as well awhile back.  They told me even thought my model number is a part of the recall list, my serial number is not.  I bought my maching in November 2016, same month they issued the recall.  They tell me my machine should never have broke and that they fixed the problem on mine and that is why it was sold in November 2016.  Clearly they did not fix the problem if my machine broke!  They will replace your lid for a charge and then tell you not use the heavy cycle.  But we bought the machine with the Heavy cycle in order to use the Heavy cycle, right?

userTMYQYFSYnq
Astronaut

Re: Washer WA48J7700AP Lid Broke

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same problem as everyone else. The hindge broke and Lowes doesn't cover the repair! I bought this washer last Feb 2017 thinking it was a quality product! Now my 5 year extended warrenty doesn't cover thsi repair. Extremely frustrated with this product. Now I have the physical remove the lid between washes to run! 

user9jqYF1AGvL
Constellation

Re: Washer WA48J7700AP Lid Broke

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I stumbled across this thread while trying to find info on replacing the lid. 

I bought a replacement lid on partsdr.com

The total cost before shipping was $134. 

After searching for videos on how to replace the lid, (I initially thought I had to remove the whole top of the washer) I discovered that there are only 2 screws on each side of the lid holding it onto the hinges. The screws are covered with a small thin plastic cover which is the same color as the top, which initially made it hard to find.  

It’s a super easy DIY fix. Just unscrew the 4 screws, lift the old lid off, and replace the lid and screws. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please get that to us as soon as you can.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

useryau3eEiYyx
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue with the lid except mine is on the right hinge where the plastic frame holds the glass has broken.  I have the same model, however they say my serial number is not a part of the recall.  How can that be though, if I have the same issue that other people have had, but my seriel number didn't make the recall list?  Sounds like mine didn't get fixed and now won't ever be fixed by Samsung.  Exremely disappointed and will not be buying a Samsung appliance in the future.

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@useryau3eEiYyxHey, I would be happy to look into this for you. Please send us a private message to http://bit.ly/2CGMMUe with your phone number as well as the model number and the serial number of the unit.

useryau3eEiYyx
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So Samsung has told my model isn't a part of the recall, however my model number matches the recall list.  Seems to me they never fixed the problem and kept these appliances on the shelf and continued selling.  Terrible logic Samsung.

user2QoFh5PcRT
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi there-

I have this same issue. The lid and hinge are literally disintegrating. We had this washer recalled and replaced just over a year ago, and it's almost unusable now.

Can you help me??

Thanks in advance.

Paul

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mind shooting us a message with the full model code and the serial number so we can look into servicing options?