cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Washer Won't Start

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My washer won't start 90% of the time. When we turn it on it beeps twice quickly.  Turning it on and off several times will sometimes get it to kick in and start going.  

it started doing this like a month ago and it worked 50% of the time and now it's gotten progressively worse to where it just not working.

@SamsungCaleb  I believe you just recently resolved the same issue for someone else. 

thanks in advance

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you verified that the power cord nor outlet it's plugged into are damaged in any way? To better assist, can you provide your full model code?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
@SamsungAl 

Yes, I have checked the outlet and all is well there. From my readings, it seems like maybe the motherboard or the lid swithc could be faulty. However, I wanted to reach out to your team who has probably delt with any situtions like this many more times that I have (just this once).

Model No.: WA456DRHDWR/AA

Serial No.: <HIDDEN>

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Based on your model and serial number, your washer has been affected by our top load washer recall. You will need to reach out to them for further assistance at 1-866-264-5636. Also, if you decide to have the recall service completed, you will get an extended one-year manufacturer's defect warranty. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is exactly how my washer has been acting. How do I check on my model and serial number?  Model is WA422PRHDWR/AA.  This washer was previously updated for the recall for the drum dislodging issue. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there! Send me a private message with the full serial number. The serial number should be located under the lid of the washer if not, check the back of the washer towards the top. I would be delighted to look into this further for you. http://bit.ly/2tCGnGK

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same problem.  I couldn't find any solution online so I ended up calling Samsung repair.  It's an $80 trip charge.  Hey, ok, I need my 4 year old washer to work.  

The repairman showed up, very nice and professional BTW, and said the circuit board's bad.  That's $250 plus another $80 to install.  He actually felt bad for me.  So $400 to fix my $800 washing machine.  

Over the years I'm amazed at the amount of times I've had to repair something and the repair cost is always 50% of the price to buy a new one.

Anyhow, now you know how to fix the double beep of death.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Good Day,

Today, I loaded a set of laundry into the washer, when I select the normal cycle and pressed start.  It started the cycle and once it locked, in about 5 seconds later it unlocks and the sits there and does nothing.

I have powered off the washer, pulled the A/C plug out for over an hour.  I pulled it back in and tried the start the wash, the same thing happens.  Can you please help me have this problem rectified?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm sorry to hear that, do you see any flashing lights or error codes? 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I will load the clothes and then hit the Start button and recieve a beep back but won't start washing then it goes back to the main screen and I can hit start again and it keeps going through the same process over and over. I tried  turning it on and off several times and unplugged it over night but nothing. 7E8EF4D4-D174-46CC-9309-01D2A220420E.jpeg