cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Washer Won't Start

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My dryer control pad stopped responding nearly a year ago. At first it was intermittent but escalated quickly. I can no longer change out of active wear. I can't change heat level or anything. It does power up and the start/pause button works. The display lights up as normal and will show the amount of time remaining. It just does not respond to my finger. It sometimes also runs much longer than necessary; it will show that there is still over an hour remaining long after the load is dry. Just recently, I had a load that just wouldnt dry. I had to keep turning it on. That did, however, seem to be an isolated load. The model number is DV457GVGSWR/AA 02. Serial number is <HIDDEN>.

The washer just started doing this. I just put another load in the washer and it was even more difficult to start, it would just do a single beep and nothing, no error code or anything. Again, the washer model number is WF457ARGSWR/A2 and serial number <HIDDEN>.

Your assistance is very much appreciated!

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Send us a private message so that we can gather some additional information. http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a VRT STEAM 

It powers on..the dash lights up.. beeps.. selection can be made.. but will not start. It started a couple months ago and if I use the My Cycle it would finally start.. but now is becoming more frequent and currently will not start at all.. please help! Thank you 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userVEFBdBBNbY Please send us a private message with the full model code and serial number: Link

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Another power failure at the house and now the washer fails to start again.  Had this machine 4 years and first power failure it started doing the things posted by others. Contacted support and the answer was always unplug it wait a few minutes and plug it in. This worked but with less and less success over the time we’ve owned it. Today’s power outage appears to have done it in.  Lights come on like its supposed to. We can spin the selection dial. Make different selections on the panel. Lights change like normal. Hit start/pause and just get a double beep. Machine will not start. This one is a WF42H5000AW/A2. Serial number <EDIT>  Been looking at videos on control board replacing which seems easy enough. Just would like to know how to tell if its the main board in the bottom rear of the machine or the top front control board. No error codes at all. Very frustrating.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had to replace the Main control board. Part # dc92-01621a

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you! I really thought the Samsung moderator was going to help diagnose the issues to some degree. Not sure why he wanted to private message just to tell me it wasn't under warranty, which I wasn't even asking about, and to contact a repair service. I really had my hopes up that s/he was going to actually give me an educated guess as to the probable issue. Sounds like it is fairly common especially since I have the same problem with both the washer and dryer. Not feeling so confident in the fact that I also purchased a Samsung refrigerator at the same time. And I didn't choose the bottom of the line on any of them. At least the stove is a GE.

I really appreciate that you have confirmed my suspicions about solving the problem! Thank you again.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have had the same issues. My wf45h6300aw/a2 washer was only a year old when it went down.

I purchased a 5 year extended warranty through New Leaf. From the beginning the machine

would power up and then not do anything but just sit there. I would have to push the power

button again and again to try to get it to restart. Most of the time it was a "cross your fingers and hope it

works"! What was confusing it that it never showed any kind of error code on the machine.

Then this July it went down for good. No matter what I did, unplug it, flip the breakers etc. it

would just sit there. I contacted New Leaf and they sent out a repair man from Fred's

Appliance. He has been out here 3 time and replaced the pump and front mother board. It

still doesn't work. Fred's Appliance contacted Samsung and they informed him that those

repairs should have fixed it. But since it didn't, they don't have a clue and not they're problem. 

I then contacted New Leaf about replacing the machine and they stated that since

there has been so much money invested in the repairs, they can't! So basically I end up having

a piece of crap sitting in my garage. I have been a long time Samsung customer and own other

samsung appliances. After this issue, I will never buy another Samsung appliance or product. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having this same issue. Has anyone been able to figure out and solve the problem without spending a small fortune?

I’m so frustrated with this washer. It already doesn’t keep run through cycles correctly and will sometimes run for hours before it stops or I manually stop it and now this problem as well. I used to be able to mess with it and eventually get it to start but am now also to the point that nothing will work to kick it on. 

Im hoping for a solution rather than trying to find the money for a new washer. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have had the same problem with my Samsung washer for a few years that many others on this forum have had. Our Samsung washer only worked for 1 year and 3 months before it would not run at all. It threw an error code of "8E", which by the way, never shows up on any Samsung charts or diagrams. It powers on, I can turn the dial to change wash cycles, I can change water tempature, but when my wife or I press the start button to start the cycle, the door locks, it seems like it's going to start, and then does nothing at all. After the first attempt, the dial will no longer change cycles, and even though all the settings light up as normal, none of them can be changed. I called customer service back then, and was told by their representative that Samsung could do nothing for us since it was past the 1 year warranty.  I was then told that the error code "8E" was a communication error, and probably an electronic problem. Unfortunately, they did not tell me then, that the electronics had a 2 year warranty.  I then moved it to the side and hooked up an old washer that we have had for 20yrs. Recently, the timer went on it, and so we hooked up the Samsung washer again, in hopes of having it fixed.  We had a repair man come out. He replaced the stator motor along with the hall sensor, and it did nothing. Then we replaced the door latch switch, and it has done nothing to change its lack of function as well. I believe the problem is the main electronic control board, but would greatly appreciate it if a Samsung Moderator would contact me. If anyone knows a fix for this problem, it a reply would be much appreciated. We own other Samsung appliances including 2 TV's that we love. The whole process has been very frustrating and we have gotten no where with the washing machine after sinking hundreds of dollars into it.  I look forward to a reply.

Thanks,

David