cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userPQQGoBeC74
Constellation

Washer doesn't agitate

During the wash cycle, the washer makes a humming (?) noise every 5 seconds.  It doesn't seem to be agitating at all.  It will complete the wash but even the easiest and always pretreated items come out with the same "dirt."  The humming noise occurs regardless of the type of wash.  

6 REPLIES 6
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Washer doesn't agitate

Does this occur with all load sizes? Please provide the full model code of the unit. 

userPQQGoBeC74
Constellation

Yes, it occurs with all load sizes.  It makes a humming (?) noise every five seconds like it's trying to do something.  Model WA40J3000AW.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Can I ask if you've tried the steps in these two articles?

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01000997/

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01108627/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userPQQGoBeC74
Constellation

I should clarify.  THe wash that got my attention was one with a total weight of ~5.26 pounds per the information provided by Amazon of each item's page. 
A fleece blanket weighing 2.27 pounds. 
A polyester curtain panel weighing 1.24 pounds. 
Two dishtowels weighing 1.75 pounds.  
I chose the extra large, heavy duty, hot wash cycle.  This is the choice we use 99% of the time.  
I'm not sure that the troubleshooting links you provided are applicalbe. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Hey, give it a try and let us know if it worked or not.

Highlighted
user3TCHxWnEKf
Constellation

Replace your directional cogs, also called "dogs"....any questions, let me know. Have done this 3 times in past 16 years. Smiley Wink