Original topic:

Washer dryer not drying clothes

(Topic created on: 4/11/21 3:39 PM)
user8Ykf3Iezli
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

My Samsung washer dryer isn't drying clothes at all. I do a normal wash and dry cycle and the clothes are still dripping wet. After that I did a spin cycle to get rid of some of the excess water, which works, then do a normal dry cycle and the clothes are then wetter than they were before the spin cycle. This has been happening for a few weeks. Anyone else had this? Sorry if this isn't the correct place to post this, new to Samsung members.

7 Replies
Jrkelly
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers
I hope you got an warranty with that
0 Likes
SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Washers and Dryers

I guess the first question is, is the washer spinning out the excess water to begin with? Like, have you made sure there are no clogs in the drain hose or anything like that? Second, is the dryer warm or hot to the touch like it is heating up, or is it cold? How long have you had them?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user8Ykf3Iezli
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Yeah it spins out the waterand yeah it's warm/hot to touch on a drying cycle, but it just doesn't dry them. Occasionally it will work as it should and dry the clothes, but most of the time it just leaves them absolutely soaking. I've technically had the washer for 15 months but only actually been using it for 4 months. (Bought it on sale before I bought my house and only recently got it plumbed in).

0 Likes
SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Washers and Dryers

Ok. I understand now. Does this happen on one particular cycle or all cycles? A lot of our dryers have a sensor for detecting moisture when using certain cycles and if it's dirty, the dryer will get confused and not dry like it should.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user8Ykf3Iezli
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

The only cycles I use are the daily wash for washing and then drying,  cotton dry cycle for when it doesn't dry them after the wash (which then still doesn't dry them) and the spin cycle to remove the excess water when it hasn't dried them. I just don't understand how they can come out wetter than they went in when it's just set to a drying cycle. It is obviously letting water in when it shouldn't be.

0 Likes
SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Washers and Dryers

That is rather confusing lol. Let's set up a service call and have a tech figure out why it's doing that. Can you send me a private message with the full model and serial number of the dryer? 

http://bit.ly/2sSxapD

0 Likes
user8Ykf3Iezli
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Message sent.

0 Likes