JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Washing Machine Rusting

(Topic created: 02-25-2021 12:41 PM)
useroGKGqEdBMS
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

We bought ours in 2017 I think and I just was doing laundry and noticed a chunk of rust as well as rust drip-stains in the fabric softener dispenser.  I have tried to make sure I leave the lid open after running loads of laundry in order to help it dry out and prevent mold/gunk from developing.  A few weeks ago I noticed flakes of brown gunk appearing on my washed clothes and in the washer tub.  I found videos of people dealing with a similar problem and how they disassembled the entire thing to clean it!!  It really bums me out because now I have to inspect my clothes (especially the whites) for any debris so it won't stain!!! And now I have to worry about rust from the inside?? I'm afraid to use it at this point Smiley Sad15958797927175574423346471380061.jpg

110 Replies
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Washers and Dryers

My apologies.  I forgot to include a link to the private messages. http://bit.ly/2ihPL97  rust is handled on a case by case basis.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userBIWzxxOG2f
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

I purchased my washer (WA52M7750AV/A4) in Feb 2018 and the area around the bleach tray is rusting out.  Rust flakes are falling into the tub and staining my cloths.  This is a faulty and poorly manufactured product and the best course of action might be a class action lawsuit.

rachelise25
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers
mine did too and th3 dispenser tray melted?!? like how? The rust ring was not as bad as your situation so I just used a spray paint around it and I haven't had any issues. I got my washer in 2016.
0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Washers and Dryers

I would be happy to look into this.  Could you send me a private message with your model and serial number along with pictures of the rust?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
ThanosPrime
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

Mine is doing this too. Bought late 2017. Just a little bubbly on top but the whole underside around the bleach dispenser is rusted. There is a class action lawsuit forming for this. Google it.

0 Likes
userMAQHoX4X4q
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

My Samsung stainless washing machine model number: WA52J8700AP/AA has recently rusted around the bleach dispenser. It’s rather odd since we rarely use bleach. D09E81F2-FCDD-4B63-AAB6-6AA0ABB52B3A.jpeg Is there a way to have this repaired or replaced? This machine is less than 5 years old and for the PRICE we payed this should not be happening. 

0 Likes
SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Washers and Dryers

This is something that would need to be serviced. I would be delighted to get some extra information from you to get this set up 🙂 Please send me a private message with the serial number of the washer 🙂   http://bit.ly/2sSxapD

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user2ZJ9MCvH3Q
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Purchased Samsung washer May 2019 from Home Depot. It has begun to rust badly. I just found out about the recall. My washer is not on recall listing. Paid for extended warranty from Home Depot they will not replace because it is rust related. Any advice?

SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Washers and Dryers

I would be happy to look into this further.  Could you send me a private message with your model, serial number and a picture of the rust?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

0 Likes
user2ZJ9MCvH3Q
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Serial number: <HIDDEN>

MODEL NUMBER: WA52M7750IMG_1631.jpgIMG_1630.jpgIMG_1629.jpg

0 Likes