Original topic:

Washer is sometimes walking during wash cycle

(Topic created: 04-11-2022 09:29 PM)
mhammett
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

I have a Samsung WF361BVBEWR/A2 washer.

It's functioning fine most of the time, except for a few odds and ends I seemingly easily get past AND... it walks. A lot.

The base has been leveled, verified with a 1' level the last time, and maybe a 3' level the time before that.

All of the clamps holding the washer to the base are tight.

The washer measured at the top is level.

Sometimes it doesn't walk at all. Sometimes, it'll walk 6" during a load. This last load was just a quilt (nothing else) and it walked a few inches.

It does bang around a little bit when first going into a spin cycle, but smooths out fairly quickly. Before that, the load appeared to be reasonably balanced.

What else could I look at? The rubber feet at the bottom of the base gone bad? The washer feet that sit in the base gone bad? Some bad shock absorbers?

I went through the Samsung troubleshooting and it didn't really do much. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001016/

Thoughts?

0 Likes
8 Replies
TheGalaxy
Honored Contributor
Options
Washers and Dryers
Use the feet adjustment to level the machine
0 Likes
mhammett
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

As I had mentioned above, I did use a 1' level to make sure it was level.

0 Likes
userf33HdQNweP
Cosmic Ray
Options
Washers and Dryers
Please stop using your washer!!! THIS IS A TEMPORARY REQUEST! I had the same problem with mine when I first got mine home. The reason for your washer jumping and seemingly walking, I believe, are certain locks on the back of your washer that have not been removed. There are, if I remember correctly, 4 of those locks on the back that can be easily unscrewed and that will resolve your walking washer. They have what looks like a silver washer with a black rubber sealants under the silver washer. REMOVE ALL 4 or so. Your washer should be stationary afterwards.
0 Likes
mhammett
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

If you mean the shipping bolts, I'm pretty sure they have been removed because it works fine sometimes and there are threaded holes in the rear about 1" in diameter (maybe more) that I put my fingers in to lift the machine with.

0 Likes
floydvoid
Comet
Options
Washers and Dryers

if it's leveled out and you stabilized it you might be overloading it. does your washer walk on small loads of laundry? or just on full load? is it's jam packed when it occurs?

my first house had a slightly off basement foundation in the washer room and on small/medium it was fine. large loads was too unless I tried to stuff it. I also had walking issues if I used the 'heavy duty' washing option when washing my hunting coveralls or my shop coveralls after I worked on a car to get the grease out. this was not a Samsung washer I'm not sure if the heavy duty wash is even an option on yours, but I can say without a doubt if you overload any washer on a high wash setting if that beast is not bolted to the floor it might not walk away, but it will crawl if not properly secure. hope this helps

0 Likes
mhammett
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

It sometimes walks on smaller loads, such as one quilt.

0 Likes
SwaggyScraggy
Cosmic Ray
Options
Washers and Dryers
Go to http://www.appliance411.com/service/date-code.php
And enter your model number and serial number and the rest. It will tell you if there is a recall or a fix that it needs.
0 Likes
SwaggyScraggy
Cosmic Ray
Options
Washers and Dryers

I'm sure that it needs the clips that hold the top on. Awhile ago washers were breaking walls down and giving people lots of bruises.

0 Likes