cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Washer powers on but won’t start cycle

Hello,  our washer had this issue about a year ago and it stopped. Now it's doing it again. After you load the washer and turn the machine on, push start, we receive 2 beeps. The washer has accurate power. What is causing the issue? 

our model number is: WA50F9A7DSP/A2 01

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Washer powers on but won’t start cycle

Hello @userbeINtiTuv3,

Based on what you are describing it sounds like you would need to get it serviced. I'm going to also suggest you private message an @SamsungModerator so they could look into the possibility of setting up a service appointment. Just based on symptoms it could be a Lid Switch Assembly, Drive Belt, a Motor Coupling. The list goes on so I suggest instead of taking a shot in the dark we try and set you up with a service.

Hope this was helpful!
Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Product Expert

Are you getting any codes on the screen where your run time is displayed? An issue that occurs often is the drain filter could be potentially clogged as it filter outgoing water flow and sometimes gather small articles of clothing. Please let me know if you have any error codes displayed after attempting to run.

Highlighted
Constellation

I have exactly the same problem. My machine isn’t 2 years old, wasn’t cheap and only washes for one person so a lot less than average use. I’ve checked filters and water pressure/feed with no problems with either. No error codes! I emptied the machine and tried again whilst looking through the door and there’s hardly any water going into the machine and only through one set of outlets/jets. It’s as though it’s trying but can’t get the water through.....which is strange since water is definitely getting to the machine! My theory is that there’s some kind of blockage inside. Maybe there’s another filter we don’t know about. Samsung obviously know of a problem and keep asking people on here to private message. I won’t do that. Address the problem with everyone!! If I have to get an engineer here then I will watch his/her every move and see exactly what is causing this and will let everyone know. Over to you Samsung!

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

What's your washer's model code? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

WVV80J5555 FW/EU

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@MichaelSwift: This forum is for the support of US products and customers. If you have an international product I would recommend reaching out to the country in which your product was manufactured or purchased for further assistance with the appropriate troubleshooting for your product: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.