Original topic:

Washing Machine Rusting

(Topic created: 07-27-2020 12:57 PM)
useroGKGqEdBMS
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

We bought ours in 2017 I think and I just was doing laundry and noticed a chunk of rust as well as rust drip-stains in the fabric softener dispenser.  I have tried to make sure I leave the lid open after running loads of laundry in order to help it dry out and prevent mold/gunk from developing.  A few weeks ago I noticed flakes of brown gunk appearing on my washed clothes and in the washer tub.  I found videos of people dealing with a similar problem and how they disassembled the entire thing to clean it!!  It really bums me out because now I have to inspect my clothes (especially the whites) for any debris so it won't stain!!! And now I have to worry about rust from the inside?? I'm afraid to use it at this point Smiley Sad15958797927175574423346471380061.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Washers and Dryers

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this. If you would like for us to research your particular symptom further then please send us the following information below via PM and we can look into this for you.  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

• First and Last Name:
  • Complete Model Code:
  • Complete Serial Number:
  • Physical Address:
  • Email Address:
  • Best Contact Number: 
  • Place of Purchase:
  • Pictures of the Rust:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in context

110 Replies
userQdF1gGyfam
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

Having SAME issue with rust. Our lid is corroding and falling apart. Unacceptable for a machine of this age and PRICE. I would love some resolution to this problem. Its ruining our clothes

userzhesdxo7zJ
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

same here

userZKBPYupeFP
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

I have 2 sets of washer/ dryers and both are rusting at bleach dispenser area and beginning to stain laundry. What can I do?

userm9fRElWwsi
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

I bought another Samsung washing machine after the recall but now I have rust around the soap dispenser and on areas on both sides of it. I have noticed now that my laundry has spots on it. When I touch the rust there is rust color on my fingers.  It is getting to the point where I am not going to enable to use my machine. What can I do?

user1e3LzOpCeO
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

The Samsung rep on here coordianted to get service people here to fix mine.  The service found significnat issues when they opened it up and they had to do additional work to stabalize the wash tub, etc.  Unfortunately they didn't order the right parts so my washer is sitting torn apart.  Apparently there was so much rust inside that they refuesed to put it back together for safety... so basically my 3 1/2 year old washer was not even safe to be using due to the extent of the rust.... This is a very bad look for Samsung products.washer apart.jpgwasher rust.jpg

SDSCUBA
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Model # WA45H7000AW/A2

Serial # 0BHE5.....

20200802_111727.jpg20200802_111717.jpg

userOoxoMVxuzh
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

We have a major rust at detergent dispenser with our top load washing machine. This should not happen with an expensive brand washer. We had another brand prior had no issue like this. This is frustrating and disappointing. 

EF0CAB09-9FF3-42DF-91BF-2B7A1EE57DE2.jpeg

userc0BIVouMBy
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

Interior  top edge of my machine has paint peeling, revealing rusting metal. Paint just peeled away this week. I do not use bleach, no harsh cleaners. Washer is only 4 years old. This is a manufacturing flaw.16047720226472777715439696122047.jpg

16047720593328499331975084641840.jpg

16047720788582271417127406205317.jpg

Harbs11
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Mine has just starting do to this. What was your outcome with repairing or replacing? Brought in 2017