cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Washer stuck in spin cycle WF45K6500A

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the exact same problem with my washer WF393BTPAWR/A2.  After reading this thread I think it is obvious that there is a faulty part in our Samsung Washers. Question is , will this cost me money? 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Super common problem with samsung front load washers.  Over and over again, it's been proven a bad motherboard, but that's not what they'll fix first.  Here os the next month or two of your life:

They'll send a tech out from the worst possible repair company they can find, they wont come for at least a week, and will never call you, you'll have to call them. Then the repair guy will replace the wire harness a week later, but it wont fix anything.  They'll then close the ticket with samsung  so you will call, they will open a new one, that will be cancelled without ever calling you.  This will go on for a month.  After thatx samsung will apologize, and promise to call the service center  who will call you within 48 hrs.  They wont though, and they will ignore your calls and messages the entire time. 

What happens after that is anyone's guess, because I'm still waiting for it to be fixed, or even a simple phone call.  I've gotten to know the people at the laundromat pretty well, because I have to go there each week.

The good news is I was able to steer a lot of people away from buying them today, saved at least 3 people from having to deal with this.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is pretty much exactly what is happening to us up here in Toronto, Ontario (Canada). First guy comes out and diagnoses that it needs a new wire harness. The part is ordered and takes about a week and then when ready takes another few days to schedule a second guy who comes out and spends 1.5 hours to install a new wire harness which does NOT fix the issue and we find this out after he leaves as he doesn't wait for a test to complete. Called this 2nd guy back and he tells me the call is closed and we need to talk to the warranty place again to get an appointment for another call. The warranty place is saying that the 3rd guy will need to re-assess when he comes (in another week) and won't even have a replacement part so we will then need to wait another week for this part to come and wait for a 4th guy to be scheduled to come out. We are currently waiting for the 3rd guy to come out and are 3 weeks and counting without a washer.  We bought this Samsung washer from The Brick (a Canadian retailer) in August 2017.

Our model is: WF45K6200A 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes - my machine has the exact same problem. It will not spin and finish the cycle. The model number I have is 

WF50K7500AV.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same  problem with mine and it is using so much water it is ridiculous.  I am only trying to wash baby clothes, it cant handle 30 baby outfits.  Screw this piece of garbage.  I have a sick wife a young baby and I dont have time for this thing to be broken.  

Model WA40J3000AW/A2

Serial #: 0DLC5AUG914105B

This is exactly why I bought the extended warranty,  no one makes a decent appliance anymore.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Believe me, I understand your anger.  I had an earlier model VRT Samsung that had different "issues" but I hadn't bought the extended warranty, so was stuck with the rusted front.  I'm not sure I figured out the way to avoid the tiny holes in clothes (diluted bleach w-a-y down and put it in wash after pre-wash only -- otherwise it goes into the rinse cycle).  But the occasional tears in the sheets was no fun, and unexplained.  I only bought another Samsung because I was looking at a very expensive repair (new shock absorbers) and a friend was a temporary rep for Samsung at a big DIY store and so I got a better "deal".  This time I have the extended warranty.  My last machine only lasted 8 years.  My frustration is that I redesigned my laundry room to accommodate these monster machines I wanted, and since I bought this barely functioning piece of c**p, all of the things that belong inside the room are outside on the porch.  Lovely!  Let's hope that we all get the help we need.  If not, we need to band together for legal action.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue.  my model number is wf42h500aw/a2.  Seems like it is an issue with the motherboard.  My question is has this problem been fixed?  Or should I expect to buy a new mother board every 18 months?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've got a VRT + Steam that's about 7 years old. No more warranty but it was $$$, I'd hate to have to get a new one now but if it's 2 new computers @ $500, I think I can get a new washer for that price.. 

Hoping that Samsung has an answer to the issue... 

Model#: WF520ABP/XAA 02

SN#: Y08X54AB400106B 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem with a WF350AN. I bought it 7 years ago but only use it once per month. As it clearly appears to be replacement of a motherboard and expenses of about $500 I am hesitating to do the repair. Is replacement of the motherboard a relatively simple operation that I could do myself. Otherwise I may be obliged to replace it, probably with a different nrsnd.

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If I were you, I'd go for another brand.  My machine was purchased in September of this year and has ALWAYS had this problem.  I have not called repair every day only because my work schedule is very full and stressful in itself.  And I work 7 days per week.  I have taken numerous videos of the malfunction.  I have even been told I don't know how to do laundry (this machine replaces an earlier VRT version).  The latest opinion of Samsung's supposed "Customer Service" is that their very own pedestal is the problem and that two repair techs must now take even more of my working day to take the machine off the pedestal and test it on the concrete floor - because that is obviously the problem!  The repair tech told me he has seen a number of machines with this problem.  Like the last repairman who quit his job due to frustration in dealing with Samsung.  Both have seen a number of customers suffering with this issue.  My machine is unusual, because they usually see this failure after 3 years or so.  I work for two companies that revere their customer service.  Business is built on it and continually improves customer satisfaction.  Sadly, it seems that not all companies believe they should deliver a quality product.

ANYWAY - the latest repair tech believes that the problem has to do with the suspension system.  It may be too sensitive, because as soon as the machine begins the spin cycle it stops the spin - apparently thinking it needs to rebalance the load before continuing.  Of course, it could be something else.  Good luck with your new machine.