cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userAPmHIxLOtq
Constellation

Re: Washer stuck in spin cycle WF45K6500A

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Similar to others, i zip tied the flimsy plastic bracket behind the silver back plate, as i found this bracket was busted off at both the upper clip and the reinforcing screw and just hanging by the other wire connections- my WF45K6200 unit is now working as normal, having done several loads in the past week with no resets or delays

FYI, i removed the silver plate attached to the drum to drill holes for the zip ties - photo attached

20190428_215004.jpg

Disappointingly, our local appliance repair was ready to order new control boards and do a litany of other work (estimated cost approaching that of a new wash machine).  Also disappointingly, Samsung could very easily and cheaply make a bracket of far better materials for pennies more, not to mention screws using that could be more resilient - the screws used look like they will strip very easily, i turned them very carefully

userEqN270yP4A
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Awesome, thanks for the heads up. The fix worked excellent. I was ready to through this to the cirb after only owning it for 14 months.

user1YqhF6ZQU6
Constellation

Wash my phone

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Wash my phone

userEgYtXAQzBu
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same issue but on a different model (WA40J3000AW/A2) and it seemed that the spin cycle wasn't getting up to normal speed. Rather than deal with the run around from Samsung and the guesswork of their service companies, I made an educated guess myself. The control board has a microprocessor, and that chip performs many more functions than the rest of the washer combined. I ordered a used replacement board from eBay for $100, installed it and viola, problem solved. I can't say that this will fix everyone's issues but it seemed like the logical starting point and worked for me. Good Luck.

uservA6JkSrxrH
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the SAME EXACT ISSUE with my Samsung Washer; Model #WF42H5000 AW/A2. Thanks to whomever discovered the zip-tie trick. I will attempt to preform that. However my dryer is stacked on top of my washer, the washer/dryer are in a laundry closet, and it is impossible for anyone to access the back panel of the washer without: unstacking the dryer, and pulling the unit out of the closet. As I recall installing the dryer vent took OVER an hour to accomplish because it is difficult to reach.

Oh well. Here we go...

I have an older (circa 2011) Samsung washer/dryer combo in my Florida home and I love them. This is a black eye to Samsung's reputation.

Highlighted
userH68bnkVTaB
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I found a fix for this.  If you take off the back panel (two screws then lift up and out) there is a wire harness down on the right side that is connected to a plastic piece.  The screw holding the plastic piece tends to strip due to vibration.  I just zip tied the plastic bracket to hold it in place and I have run a few loads and so far so good!  

Sorry I forgot to take pics but literally took 10 minutes to fix.  

user5sgcQqafPO
Constellation

Washer stuck in spin cycle

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same problem as others. Washer gets stuck in spin cycle and runs continuously, wasting water, and not ever completing the cycle.  I tried the quick wash and spin settings, and neither works consistently. Help please!

usertuto6hZyEN
Constellation

Re: Washer stuck in spin cycle

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem here. Model number WF45M5500AZ/A5. I have performed a auto-test and it passed ok, however the machine is not working properly.

Fairly new washer: 16 months! 4/13/2018 - loads of money

Any help appreciated.

userfFcf8kdpkM
Asteroid

Samsung Top Load Washer Stuck in a Cycle

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a Samsung wa45h7000aw/a2 top load washer that keeps getting stuck in a cycle. The washer runs continually with the tub never filling and the agitation will not start. Even after troubleshooting and turning it off and unplugging it, it just resumes where it left off. The timer also stays stuck at a certain time and does not go down, and then it will add time to the original stated time a lot. Not sure if that's part of the malfunction or if it keeps adding time as it thinks it's either going or not going through the cycle and realizes it needs more time? It still works normally some of the time, but it feels like it could just stop working all together soon. Unfortunately I do not have a warranty because the washer came with the house from the previous owners. Really just wondering if I need to call someone to repair or replace the panel, or replace the machine. If this is a control panel/wiring issue, is there a way to troubleshoot that I'm missing?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung Top Load Washer Stuck in a Cycle

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Oh no!  We would be happy to look into this.  Could you send us a private message with your serial number?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.