cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userc7uuZqDFp1
Constellation

Washer will not fill, "Extra Large" light flashing-already completed all troubleshooting

I have a Samsung model WA40J3000AW/A2 that will not fill. I have troubleshooted by the manual, as the "Extra Large" light is flashing, to no avail. Filters are clean, no kinks in the hoses, etc. What else can we try to see if this can be a DYI repair? Replace the water inlet valve?

5 REPLIES 5
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Washer will not fill, "Extra Large" light flashing-already completed all troubleshooting

Looks like this is a "Not Filling error"; Water is not entering the washer correctly. 

1. Make sure the hot and cold water supply hoses are connected to the correct inlets (hot to hot and cold to cold) on the washer, that the hoses are not bent or kinked, and that the water supply valves are completely open.
Note: Do not use Flood Safe hoses.
2. Make sure the drain hose is inserted properly and is not kinked. It should not be inserted more than 6 inches into the drain pipe.
3. Unplug the washer or flip the circuit breaker for the washer for 1 minute. Then, restore power and try to run a cycle.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userc7uuZqDFp1
Constellation

Re: Washer will not fill, "Extra Large" light flashing-already completed all troubleshooti

We tried resetting the breaker, as well as leaving the washer unplugged for almost a full day....still no luck. Any other suggestions?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Washer will not fill, "Extra Large" light flashing-already completed all troubleshooti

Please send us a private message with the full model code and serial number so that we can look into this for you: Link

userQnr3pJnNJh
Astronaut

I'm having the same issue. It worked fine for first 2 loads then just started beeping and all the lights are lit up. The only one flashing is the Extra Large light. We never wash anything on hot or warm. Always tap cold. If our water heater isn't working could this still be part of the problem even tho we never use a temp other than tap cold? 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Hey! Thanks for reaching out, can I have the following information in private message?

Full Name

Street Address

Email Address

Phone Number

Place of Purchase

Model Number

Serial Number