Original topic:

Washing Machine Noise - Help Please!

(Topic created: 04-27-2021 02:01 PM)
usergBJbGyAzSS
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Model WF331ANW/XAA

This is a very nice washer except for the noise! When the washer goes into the spin cycle, as it is ramping up speed it starts to make a noise. There is a "hole" in the back of the washer on my right hand side as I'm facing it.  Air is coming out of that hole and it hits the wall behind the machine. As the spin goes faster the sound gets louder until it's finally reaches "high" speed and then it disappears. If I put my hand over the hole it stops or diminishes the sound but I can feel how forcefully the air is coming out.

If the washer is set to a lower speed than High for the spin cycle then the sound never ends until the cycle ends. Its so loud and upsetting.  This washer came with the condo when I purchased it & has done this since I moved in. I am bothering my neighbors and it's upsetting to me. It is SO very loud.  It is the only complaint I have with this washer. I've tried googling this problem & get nothing. I've talked to friends and no one has ever had this issue. Somebody please help

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungLarry
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Washers and Dryers

Hey, give this link a shot: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001985/ If this does not help I recommend letting a service technician have a look. As we would like to gather additional information, and look at this from a case by case basis please provide the full model code and serial number of the device as well as your best contact phone number, name, and email.  

Send a message on Facebook 

Send Message on Twitter 

Send Message to Moderator

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 Replies
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Washers and Dryers

Oh no!  Have you checked the unit to make sure that it's levelled?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
usergBJbGyAzSS
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

I checked and front to back is level and side to side is level.  The opening at the back of the dryer is like an exhaust and the air comes out so hard during spin it pounds on the wall behind. Every thing else about this washer is fine. It washes fine, all the controls are working and it's level. What is the purpose of that vent in the back? Can I cover it up some way, maybe with plastic or fabric to not allow the air to come out? Or would that break the machine? I don't understand the purpose of it, nor can i find anything in the material so far.

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungLarry
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Washers and Dryers

Hey, give this link a shot: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001985/ If this does not help I recommend letting a service technician have a look. As we would like to gather additional information, and look at this from a case by case basis please provide the full model code and serial number of the device as well as your best contact phone number, name, and email.  

Send a message on Facebook 

Send Message on Twitter 

Send Message to Moderator

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
SamsungLarry
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Washers and Dryers

An Accepted Solution has been marked and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. If you have a separate concern, feel free to post again or send one of our moderators a private message with more details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find resolutions and needed content. Remember that if you do make a post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring with your product. Thank you for being part of the community!

0 Likes