cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Astronaut

Re: RUST ISSUE SAMSUNG WASHER MODEL WA48H7400AW/A2 and recall issues

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue, I also found that Counter Balance Weight in in the bottom of the tub is very corrided and filling my clothes with grit/deposits from the couter balance weight.  Counter Balance WeightCounter Balance WeightTagTop RustTop RustTop Rust2Top Rust2

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: RUST ISSUE SAMSUNG WASHER MODEL WA48H7400AW/A2 and recall issues

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are sorry to hear that, could you send us a private message with your full model and serial number? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Washer rusting WA50F9A7DSW

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Washer is rusting near the bleach intake and the detergent drawer the same as all the other owners have complained about.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Washer rusting WA50F9A7DSW

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are sorry to hear about this. Please send the serial number, along with pictures of the rust damage, to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Washing Machine Rusting!!!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Model: WA45H7000A

S/N: <HIDDEN>

Like many of your customer posting here, i am having the same issue with rusting with my model  washer.  The rust started around the detergent dispenser last year.  Now, it is around the bleach dispenser.  I opened it up and was amazed how much rust was underneath.   This is definitely a design issue not accounting for liquid ingress.  The washer/dryer set was purchased at Home Depot.  I have other issue with the dryer but I will have t 20200405_163201[1].jpg20200407_163857[1].jpg20200407_163903[1].jpg20200407_163911[1].jpgo start another thread.  Please advise what Samsung will do to address this.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Washing Machine Rusting!!!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is going to require service. With the washer being taken apart, that voids any accommodation we could provide. You can locate a local repair shop via this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/?product=N0002421 or you can visit our parts website to purchase the top part: www.samsungparts.com

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungAl wrote:

This is going to require service. With the washer being taken apart, that voids any accommodation we could provide. You can locate a local repair shop via this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/?product=N0002421 or you can visit our parts website to purchase the top part: www.samsungparts.com

Denying any accomodation and not accepting responsibility for the rust issue due to design is NOT an acceptable solution.  Please escalate to someone who can help me.  

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You can call into 1-866-264-5636 to see if your washer has been affected by our top load washer recall. They would be able to assist you Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Constellation

Washing machine covered in rust!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The washing machine is rusting in several places. At first I thought it was just by the soap dish, but now I'm concerned it's throughout the tub. 

I looked it up and it seems the washer is part of a recall, but I'm wondering if I get a technician out to the house wil they fix the rust?

any advice for me ? 

1D1E7F31-4071-4E46-93D0-87F84E5ED11D.jpeg

376D3DFD-C99D-4EDD-AB19-954E9025D504.jpeg

EF3A5A19-B46B-4A0F-A1EB-4972AC1431DF.jpeg

040723B7-17F5-4C1B-80B2-1B56CDA1F10F.jpegAfter running afresh cleaning cycle lots of debris at bottom

the model number WA476DSHAWR/A1

serial bumber <hidden>

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Washing machine covered in rust!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @userkLdE5nvDYn! Based on the model and serial number provided it looks like your unit may be affected by a recall. To determine if you have an affected washing machine and to seek more details, please visit http://www.samsung.com/us/TLW or feel free to call us at 1-866-264-5636. Monday through Sunday, 8:00 am to 10:00 pm Eastern Time. Having the recall repair will give you an additional one year warranty and will cover any additional repairs needed to the unit. Once the recall work is completed and warranty has been updated I can proceed with service just send me a private message with your service order number that will start with a "415......." http://bit.ly/33ipYnO Smiley Happy