cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Rust on bleach and soap dispenser

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same problem with my three year old WA48H74000AW 2 Washing machine. Do you have a repair available?

Highlighted
Constellation

rusting bleach compartment

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Spoiler

Bought washer 9/2016  model number    WA48H7400AW/A2  rusting bleach holder cleaned it and found out under the paint the metal is totally corroded.  That is probably where I am getting rust color on my white clothes. Bought it from  Home Depot .  Is there  a recall on this product and how can I solve my problem.  MY email     <hidden>

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: rusting bleach compartment

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I’m sorry you are experiencing these symptoms. Can you send me a private message with your serial number? I would be happy to look into this for you. http://bit.ly/33ipYnO

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

WA52M7750AW/A4 Washer Rust Issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My WA52M7750AW/A4 washer is only 2 years old and the area around where you pour bleach in is rusting out. I've had older washers that never rusted. I think there's a serious problem for this washer to be rusting the way that it is. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: WA52M7750AW/A4 Washer Rust Issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would like to add ourselves to this complaint. Our washing machine of the same model indicated also is "more than rusting" and more like very serious corrosion around where the bleach tray is sitting. Additionally corrosion is developing just below the bleach tray location on the outside-front of the unit along the lower edge of the top assembly.  Additionally, corrosion is present and the paint lifting off inside the unit located at the back left under the water spout, just to the left of the detergent drawer. I have photos if needed. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Update to my reply:  I called the Samsung customer service phone number. They provided us a one-time accomodation for a service repair call where the top assembly of the washing machine will be replaced which should resolve the corrosion issue. The customer service rep provided us a Ticket # plus the name of the partnering facility. They indicated that we will be contacted in the next 24-48 hours for an appointment. 

@user7GzXt5fHfd wrote:

I would like to add ourselves to this complaint. Our washing machine of the same model indicated also is "more than rusting" and more like very serious corrosion around where the bleach tray is sitting. Additionally corrosion is developing just below the bleach tray location on the outside-front of the unit along the lower edge of the top assembly.  Additionally, corrosion is present and the paint lifting off inside the unit located at the back left under the water spout, just to the left of the detergent drawer. I have photos if needed. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I really hope this was worth it

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Me too. We purchased the washer just over 2 years ago, it's out of mfgr warranty and Samsung could have simply told us to take a hike. But, they didn't. So if you have these types of washers and they're experiencing the same rust and corrosion affecting the top end of the washing machine that houses the top door, it appears that this part is the problem and Samsung is replacing them as people report it. Can't hurt to call and do the same. 

Constellation

Samsung Rusting!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My washer is just over a year old and it is rusting across the top.  I have never had a problem like this before!

Of course my warranty is up and until now, it wasn't an issue.  Very disappointed.

My Samsung dryer was also a year old when it caught on fire!  Everything was fine, but needless to say we replaced it with a GE.

Had anyone repaired this issue?  I don't want to buy a new washer.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung Rusting!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are sorry to hear about this. Please send the model and serial numbers to this PM Link, along with photos of the rust damage, and we will look in to this.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.