Original topic:

Washing Machine Rusting

(Topic created: 10-13-2020 06:51 AM)
useroGKGqEdBMS
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

We bought ours in 2017 I think and I just was doing laundry and noticed a chunk of rust as well as rust drip-stains in the fabric softener dispenser.  I have tried to make sure I leave the lid open after running loads of laundry in order to help it dry out and prevent mold/gunk from developing.  A few weeks ago I noticed flakes of brown gunk appearing on my washed clothes and in the washer tub.  I found videos of people dealing with a similar problem and how they disassembled the entire thing to clean it!!  It really bums me out because now I have to inspect my clothes (especially the whites) for any debris so it won't stain!!! And now I have to worry about rust from the inside?? I'm afraid to use it at this point Smiley Sad15958797927175574423346471380061.jpg

110 Replies
userDXESpd51Q2
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Washing machine is rusting around the bleach tray & even the clamps that hold the top  to the sides are rusting.  The bleach tray is full of rust!  Can see stains on the clothes.  HELP!Clamp Rust 1.jpgClamp Rust 2.jpgSamsung Washer Mod. & Ser..jpgSamsung Washer Rust 2.jpgSamsung Washer Rust 4.jpg

SSuperman
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers
You may need to remove the plastic tray, use a 100 grit sandpaper and sand away aĺl rust surround. Make sure you avoid debris falling into the drum. tape around area already sanded, clean with a rag, prime area you sanded ( white aerosol primer) allow to dry, then paint over prime area and repeat 3- 4 tome of finish aerosol paint metallic.
0 Likes
userWFQzo1a6pP
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Hello, the area near the soap dispenser on my top loader is rusting. I have never had a washer rust like this. This is not okay. Please let me know what my options are for repair! Thank you

A5D07532-C5DF-4125-ACE2-42242C84CE0F.jpeg

88F4A3B2-1991-4E51-A96F-3C1CE8CDEBC8.jpeg

userPX8cUAgi5e
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Purchased a new washer from in 2018 and it's now rusting. How can this expensive washer only last 2 years??

04D596B3-0460-4175-8EFE-18E83ABA0243.jpeg

userPX8cUAgi5e
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Spoke with Samsung and was told this would be a chrged service call. They had a recall in 2016 for this issue and hen came out with new models that have the same issue. It's very disheartening that they're making a product with the same problem as before and now correcting it for customers.

Solution
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Washers and Dryers

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this. If you would like for us to research your particular symptom further then please send us the following information below via PM and we can look into this for you.  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

• First and Last Name:
  • Complete Model Code:
  • Complete Serial Number:
  • Physical Address:
  • Email Address:
  • Best Contact Number: 
  • Place of Purchase:
  • Pictures of the Rust:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

user5QQiF2NDKZ
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

We purchased our Samsung Washer / Dryer combo in NOV 2015. A year later there was the recall. We did not have the machine recalled as we do not do a lot of heavy loads, and just using the delicate cycle worked for us. However, this machine is now only 5 years old and is rusting around the top left hinge and the soap dispenser tray. Looks like a car from the Rusteze group at Disney. This is not acceptable as I have scene many other posts about rusting of these VERY expensive and premium washers. Can someone please let me know how to have this handle via a Samsung warranty fix. I am not paying for a repair on something that is only 5 years old and is supposed to be able to last 10 years.

userQC9N1YDbie
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

My washing machine is only 4 years old and i am getting rust on my clothes from the machine rusting out in the bleach tray and near the detergent tray.

I saw that you did a recall on some of the machines and i would like mine repaired or replaced as well.  My serial #<HIDDEN>

SBLocalGal
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Yeah, what you have is just the beginning. I purchased two Samsung top-load washers in the past 7 years and will never buy another one again. The first one was recalled due to spin cycle issues and the rebate was so pitiful that I had to purchase another Samsung washer to even recoup 30% of my cost. Fast-forward 2 months after the warranty expires and there is rust growing around the bleach dispenser even though I rarely use bleach and am careful about wiping it dry afterwards. Samsung will do nothing to repair or compensate because the warranty has expired. There is even a class-action suit against them for this because so many customers are experiencing the issue (Google it if you have doubt). We are all stuck with these expensive washers with no customer service. Once the rust has expanded, it gets into the wash load and your clothes are covered with it. I will never puchase another Samsung appliance again after being burned twice. 

Rust is eating my washerRust is eating my washer

ac13
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

I notice brown stain by the detergent filler about a year ago but it was tiny and I thought nothing of it. This morning, my wife is telling me the paint around the tub is bubbling up and small pieces fell into the tub that is when I realize how bad the rust is. how can this happen to a 3 1/2 years old washer? My last Bosch washer lasted over 10 years and I only got raid of it becuase I wanted to be able to do large load due to increase in family size, what a mistake. 

I am thinking about applying anti rust neutralizer for now and see if I can get some more time out of it, any other suggestion? Thanks in advance. 

IMG_1223.jpgIMG_1224.jpgIMG_1229.jpgIMG_1230.jpgIMG_1232.jpg