JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Washing Machine Rusting

(Topic created: 11-10-2020 01:39 PM)
useroGKGqEdBMS
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

We bought ours in 2017 I think and I just was doing laundry and noticed a chunk of rust as well as rust drip-stains in the fabric softener dispenser.  I have tried to make sure I leave the lid open after running loads of laundry in order to help it dry out and prevent mold/gunk from developing.  A few weeks ago I noticed flakes of brown gunk appearing on my washed clothes and in the washer tub.  I found videos of people dealing with a similar problem and how they disassembled the entire thing to clean it!!  It really bums me out because now I have to inspect my clothes (especially the whites) for any debris so it won't stain!!! And now I have to worry about rust from the inside?? I'm afraid to use it at this point Smiley Sad15958797927175574423346471380061.jpg

110 Replies
ac13
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

Follow up

i got the rust neutralizer and started to do some sanding and realized the rust is way worse than I thought. Basically the entire top area all along the edges are rusted and started moving downward. 

I still sanded the area What ever I can get to and applied the neutralizer just for the hack of it hopefully I can get few more washed out of it. 

I have to start shopping for a new washer even though $$ wise is just not a good time to do so but this is something that is needed and have no choice, IT WILL NOT BE SAMSUNG FOR SURE  , BURN ME ONCE AND LESSON LEARNED!!! 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Washers and Dryers

@ac13    I am sorry to hear about this. Please send the full model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

ac13
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

Just PM you the info SamsungLou, any help would be greatly appercieated. 

0 Likes
ac13
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

I  got to say that I now have more faith @ Samsung after I was contacted by Samsung Lou and giving a one time courtesy warranty repair with small hiccups.  

Made appointment and on the day of repair received a call saying the part is not available, took off from work for this and obviously was not happy. Service center called a week after and schedule it again and this time was a success. Rust did make it to the bottom portion but was not bad, hopfully can get few more years out of it. 

thank you Samsung Lou. Now I just hope rest of the Samsung stuffs in my house such as TV Etc won't be needing any work...

0 Likes
userhaT8ZN4jRs
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Waiting for repair service to schedule but was told I'd have to pay for repair .... it's 4 years old. Out of warranty. Shouldn't rust like this. I want a new washer. It's damaging my clothing.

375A4142-26FA-43CE-82FE-6CA3C0E848BA.jpeg

0BA5115B-E5E5-474A-A3A2-23DA63A7DD0B.jpeg

CC1EC2CB-32B7-4DA2-AD83-611B0216FB6B.jpeg

7EFE5E61-E818-40F4-B05C-0661769BE3D5.jpeg

94BF00A7-74C0-4C64-B881-5B7D0CB1D00A.jpeg

0 Likes
useruXQp4cjhH3
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

My Samsung washer (WA52J8060A) was purchased in 2018 and the metal around the bleach dispenser has completely rusted to the point that there is a hole in the machine. And now the control panel has stopped working and the machine constantly stops due to balancing issues.  Very disappointed in this product and will never purchase another Samsung appliance of any sort. You would think Samsung could put out a product that would last for more than 2 years. 20201021_083211.jpg

0 Likes
Forgottenone7
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers
think that's superficial but most washers/dryers have a 30 year warranty
0 Likes
user3Zjen9vAvD
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Model number WA48H7400AW/A2 has some significant rusting issues too. Live chat provided no help. A call into customer service started a case file in which I will be called within a week. Interestingly, I learned on the call that rust isn't covered even on the 1 year manufacturers warranty. Yes, this is a 5 year old unit, but this started long ago as what looked like a little soap residue. We've tried to wipe it celan for years, but frankly we just didn't think much of it unitl rust started falling in the wash. I hope someone at Samsung sees this and understands this is a manufacturing, metal preparation / painting issue which was late to show. I hope to hear possible solutions from Samsung soon.IMG_9456.jpgIMG_9453.jpgIMG_9457.JPG

tim8
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

To whom it may concern:

Our Samsung model WA48H7400AW/A2 washer is rusting around the top of the machine which appears to be a common problem with this model.  It is only a few years old and the rust is now getting out of control and into our wash.

Please advise.

Thank you A515F742-FE3F-44E1-88C7-327E66A717DA.jpeg

863D09C6-1E2D-4606-90D8-36C661E62B2B.jpeg

57E05BAA-7566-4311-97B8-1900B1EC5F22.jpeg

0 Likes
uservSF9XLS6Uv
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

Hi, 

Why is my Samsung washing machine rusting out and it is not even 3 years old.  I had a technician come out to assess this - and he was very helpful but, he couldn't do anything about the rust but, say the machine was made with cheap parts.  Was this machine recalled?  

0 Likes