Original topic:

Washing Machine Rusting

(Topic created: 01-04-2021 08:44 PM)
useroGKGqEdBMS
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

We bought ours in 2017 I think and I just was doing laundry and noticed a chunk of rust as well as rust drip-stains in the fabric softener dispenser.  I have tried to make sure I leave the lid open after running loads of laundry in order to help it dry out and prevent mold/gunk from developing.  A few weeks ago I noticed flakes of brown gunk appearing on my washed clothes and in the washer tub.  I found videos of people dealing with a similar problem and how they disassembled the entire thing to clean it!!  It really bums me out because now I have to inspect my clothes (especially the whites) for any debris so it won't stain!!! And now I have to worry about rust from the inside?? I'm afraid to use it at this point Smiley Sad15958797927175574423346471380061.jpg

110 Replies
userHuvJaz4Pgx
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

hello, my 2015 top load washer is developing a small amount of rust just above the detergent pullout tray. Any suggestions what to do with this?

0 Likes
user3iLm5VCZx9
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Hello, does anyone else have a samsung washing machine (top load) that is rusting?  I have a model bought late in 2018 that is full of rust.   Unable to get any information on the Samsung website for support.

0 Likes
user3iLm5VCZx9
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

IMG_20210103_180715.jpgIMG_20210103_180722.jpgIMG_20210103_180730.jpg

Thanks, I see that is for models prior to 2018.  Here are some pics of what we are dealing with.  This is a Samsung top load washer purchased late 2018.

0 Likes
user1ATlIVwecR
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

We purchased our Samsung Washer WA50M7450AW in August 2017 and it is rusting around the small blue ball and the soap dispenser.  This should not be happening.  How can I get someone to help us?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Washers and Dryers

I am sorry to hear about this. Please send the full model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

0 Likes
userDjOYqkiCgr
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

I purchased a top loading washer 2016 and it's going rusty

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Washers and Dryers

I would be happy to look into this!  Could you send me a private message with the model and serial number of the washer as well as a picture of the rusted area?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userKdT10nK3bc
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Thanks for your help in setting up this accommodation for service re our rust problem with our Samsung Washer.  We really appreciate it.

Jerry Shane 

The Villages Fl

0 Likes
userDjOYqkiCgr
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

White Top LOAD WASHER SAMSUNG 4.8 CF TL MODEL WA48H7400A SKU 3656051

At first it was just a little and now its all around the top under where the lid closes. 

Purchased at Best by. When I called Best buy I was told to call Samsung customer service. 

On the internet, it states that Samsung is not paying to repair or replace for any of the washers purchased in 2016 and 2017.

0 Likes