Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Washing maching rusting near bleach dispenser

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It is possible that your washer is affected by our top load washer recall. To find out if it is, please call 1-866-264-5636 and provide your full model and serial number to the agent. If you have been affected, they will provide you with what options they have available to you Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello SamsungAl,

Thank you for the reply.  

I called the number that you gave me, and the agent said there is no recall on the rust issue.  How can this be?  These models are rusting at an alarming rate.  Other models that are rusting are being recalled, why not this one?

Is there anything else that can be done, or am I just out of luck.  As the owner of no less than five Samsung products in my home currently, I would like to believe that Samsung does care about building good quality products.  This is poor quality.  A washing machine should not rust out in less than five years.  I do all of the laundry, with only one load  using bleach per week.  I do not spill bleach all over.  Again, this is a failure in the quality of the materials used.

I look forward to your reply.

Thank you.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The top-load washer recall is to reinforce the top of the washer once the recall is complete we will be able to address the rust issue.  You can find more information using the link below. 

https://pages.samsung.com/us/tlw/index.html

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello Caleb,

Thanks for the reply.

That's good news about addressing the rust issue!

The recall for the top has already been completed.  The top was reinforced.

What is our next step?

Thanks.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can you send me a private message with your full serial number? 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I couldn't agree with you more! Having exact same issues and looks like lot of other consumers are too. I had an LG washer before and didn't have this problem. Unfortunately, I sold my LG washer and dryer when I sold my house four years ago because the new owner wanted to buy them. So then, upon selling my house and moving into a new house I bought Samsung top load washer and a year later started having rust problems. It's getting worse and thought I can't be the only one and discovering now, this is very much a known issue many are having. Can't understand how this is cosmetic because I've had other washers before and I've never had any part of washer get rusted, it's a defect, quality control issue. Samsung, please fix this issue. Starting to have bad brand image. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are sorry to hear about this. Please send the full model and serial numbers to this PM Link, along with pictures of the rust damage.

Highlighted
Constellation

Washing Machine Rusting!!!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same problem as many others.  I thought the rust around the bleach dispenser was only cosmetic (which is the position Samsung took when people started reporting this problem), but I now find that the area under the bleach dispenser is rusting out and dropping chunks of rusted metal. The area around the detergent dispenser is starting to do the same thing.  My washing machine was repaired due to the recall which apparently involved bolting the top onto the machine, so attempting a repair myself is pretty much impossible. Please let me know what Samsung will do to repair this.

Model # WA422PRHDWR AA 02. I paid $630 for this machine at Sears. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Washing Machine Rusting!!!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Oh no! Could you send us a private message with pictures of the rust?  I would like to look into this further.  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Washing Machine Rusting!!!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

For some reason, the other messages in this thread do not appear.  In answer to your most recent email, (7-8-19 @ 9:18 AM) which stated: 

"Our apologies for the confusion, the recall repair must be completed prior to any other service. Let's get you set up for the rust repair. 

Once confirmed by the servicer, the rusting top-cover will be replaced free of charge as part of this one-time warranty accommodation. In the event that rust is not found or is not located on the top-cover, it will be an out-of-warranty repair and you will be responsible for any costs. Do you agree to these terms?"

Yes, I agree to these terms. Please let me know how to proceed.