cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userkzeejw8bvh
Constellation

Washer rusting

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I sent a private message, with my serial and model numbers, regarding the rust issue and our options. 

Our washer was included in your recall but no repairs have been made.  

Thank you! 

usermPTj3Zgo75
Constellation

Recall & Rust

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I’ve been unable to schedule a recall repair for our washer (WA50F9A6DSW/A2). There’s also a significant rust issue around the soap dispenser.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Recall & Rust

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@ usermPTj3Zgo75 Have you tried scheduling it on https://pages.samsung.com/us/tlw/

userh91N8jgPtz
Constellation

Washing Machine Rusting!!!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We bought the Samsung WA5451ANW/XAA washing machine in Sears.  Certainly not a cheap machine!  The top portion around the bleach dispenser is starting to rust out after 18 months use.  Not what I am expecting for such a new machine and especially for the price that we paid.  How can this be fixed? 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Washing Machine Rusting!!!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I understand your concern; For assistance, send us a private message to the link

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
user3FifxQU3me
Constellation

Severe Rust on Samsung Washer at Bleach Dispenser

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We purchased our Samsung washer, Model # WA422PRHDWR/AA about 5 years ago.  The top of the washer, near the bleach dispenser is completely rusted out (see photo).  I called Samsung service today and I was told that they would send a tech out to finalize the recall on the washer.  This service call would only be to reinforce the top.  I would then have to call back and schedule another warranty call for the rust issue.

It makes no sense that they can't do both on one service call.  We cannot use our washer and it will be 7 to 14 days for the recall service, and then another 7 to 14 days for the service call on the rust issue.

Samsung Washer Rust.jpg

They should do both repairs on the same service call.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Severe Rust on Samsung Washer at Bleach Dispenser

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I apologize for the inconvenience. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to send us a private message to the link

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userz91d3SCZfm
Constellation

Washing Machine Dispensers Rusting Badly - MODEL NUMBER: WA5451ANW/XAA

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My washing machine has enough rust on the bottom side of the lid that I no longer use the dispenser for the detergent, as it fills with rust flakes and paint chips every time I pull the drawer out. The rust around the corner bleach dispenser is getting bad enough that I'm worried that it will soon compromise the structural integrity of the top of the machine at that corner. We had our recall repair done months ago and not a word was said by the repair person about fixing the rust.  I'm disgusted by the quality (or lack of quality) in these machines. I'll never purchase another Samsung product, that's for sure. THIS needs to be corrected, though, because it's obviously a manufacturing issue and not something that has been caused by consumer use.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Washing Machine Dispensers Rusting Badly - MODEL NUMBER: WA5451ANW/XAA

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I apologize for the inconvenience. We would be more than happy to look into this concern for you. For assistance with this, send us a private message to the link with your serial number. 

userjML0r8j2p6
Constellation

Samsung Model WA45H7000AW/A2 rust chunks falling into washer from lid. Is there a recall on this?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I bought a samsung dryer, Model WA45H7000AW/A2, from Costco about 3 yrs. ago.  I have been having issues with the lid.  Rust started showing up about 2 yrs. ago, and chunks of rusted metal has been falling into the washer basin.  Is there a recall on the lid?