cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Washing Machine Rusting!!!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My washer is rusting too, has been for quite some time, didn't realize this was something that Samsung might be willing to fix.  Wife is ready to get a new machine , not sure I want to repeat the same mistake.  My machine is older, don't know if there is anything you can do for this?  Model number is WA5451ANW/XAA 02 and serial number is <hidden>

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @userFtyCTK3mzb:

Based on the model and serial number provided it looks like your unit may be affected by a recall. To determine if you have an affected washing machine and to seek more details, please visit http://www.samsung.com/us/TLW or feel free to call us at 1-866-264-5636. Monday through Sunday, 8:00 am to 10:00 pm Eastern Time. Having the recall repair will give you an additional one year warranty and will cover any additional repairs needed to the unit.

The recall repair will not address the rust, however, it will give you an additional one year warranty and will cover the rust and any additional repairs needed for the unit.

Feel free to reach back out to us 48 hours after the recall repair is completed to ensure that your warranty has updated so that we can proceed with service.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi - I completed the recall process (which took some time because of the pandemic) and am ready to tackle the rusting issue. What can/do I do next to get that taken care of? I'm noticing more and more rust spots on our clothing, towels and sheets. I'm very anxious to address this issue. Thanks for your help. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I will be happy to look in to this. Please send the model and serial numbers, or a recent ticket number, to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

47AB1264-617C-4B7B-8985-4557DF1ACEF2.jpeg

6784C6D6-798D-44F3-AF11-3227E7DB65F5.jpeg

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Our washer is rusting around the bleach and detergent dispensers as well as the top edge. Rust falls into the water and everything is getting discolored. After looking into it, I also realized this model is under a voluntary recall for safety! As described, this unit vibrates a ton and gets stuck often. The rebate value is not enough to purchase a new machine and customer service was NO HELP AT ALL! The rep basically told me that a washer will rust if standing in water??? Where do they think I keep my washer, outside? So offended by that comment. This product is a total disappointment. 2343EC96-F0B5-4120-A20C-04E7EECA29E2.jpeg1D52925E-409A-42C0-8ABB-16BC19EC7270.jpeg002B6DD6-F86F-4E9A-9F0A-7FAA479EB5A3.jpeg7F5A8EDE-FA87-4F17-BB9A-7885764C142D.jpeg

Highlighted
Astronaut

Washing machine rusting!! Horrible!!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have model <HIDDEN> and the rust around the bleach dispenser is horrible and ruining clothes. It was bought in 2015 so this shouldn't happen! Anyone else with this problem on this model?? 

Highlighted

Re: Washing machine rusting!! Horrible!!

JUMP TO SOLUTION
it's not Samsung's fault I dont even have a same thing and mine is doing the exact same
Highlighted
Constellation

Samsung washer is RUSTING!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello there,

I have a Samsung washer I paid a pretty penny for and was already replaced once through the recall several years ago. Now rust has started to develop around the bleach tray and the cap is gone from the center of the tub of the replacement unit. I never had these problems with my original Samsung and I'm quite disappointed as I love my washing machine. Is this something that can be repaired? If so what are the chances of it reoccurring? Is replacement possibly covered through the recalls extended warranty?  What are my options? I have a large family and need my washer. Please help!

Rust around bleach trayRust around bleach tray

Cap missing from center of tubCap missing from center of tub

Highlighted
Constellation

Rust on my bleach dispenser and soap dispenser

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, 

I have a Samsung washer, model #WA50F9A6DSW/A2, serial number is <hidden>. It is rusted around the bleach dispenser and soap dispenser and it's simply horrible! I haven't been able to use the bleach dispenser in years and when trying to have it repaired through my home warranty, I was told it was cosmetic and wouldn't be covered. I decided to google the issue and apparently many have had the same problem. I also learned that the washer is under a recall and I completed the steps to have the recall fixed, which apparently also takes care of the rust issues because the top is replaced, but there were no appointment slots.  I need this problem fixed as it causing rust to fall into my washer and it looks horrible. How can I get this repaired? Please advise. 
Thanks,

Brandi