cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: WA50F9A6DSW/A2 - Rust Issue and Top lid broken

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please send us a private message with the full model code and serial number or any ticket numbers that you have: Link

usermJKkH3NdF2
Constellation

Washer has rust on detergent dispenser and lid hinges!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung washer model WA456DRHDSU/AA has rust above the detergent dispenser, on the lid hinges, and around the inside rim! The paint appears to be bubbling up and coming off around the inside and I’m afraid it will rust too. Also there is rust forming below behind the lid below the panel, it looks like paint bubbling up with rust. What is going on? I’ve never had a washer do this before and it’s only a matter of time before it starts affecting my clothes. BB89AA70-C1B1-41C7-BF4B-C441F4F0E7B0.jpeg

D1FFC283-D966-444E-8F0C-713344B7EB21.jpeg

BAA06FD6-3D14-4D60-8C11-17A034E9C598.jpeg

36A91C99-0828-492C-BBE2-093CDE540E15.jpeg

36669495-4CDF-4559-B0B1-142000C3B011.jpeg

7CC6D0C8-FEC1-4378-AA49-474904A9764D.jpeg

Christina0201
Constellation

Do you have hard water? Washing machines tend to rust whe...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Do you have hard water? Washing machines tend to rust when you have hard water.

usermJKkH3NdF2
Constellation

Re: Do you have hard water? Washing machines tend to rust whe...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Nope, no hard water here. I had a whirlpool before the Samsung and never encountered rust! 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Washer has rust on detergent dispenser and lid hinges!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usermJKkH3NdF2 This looks really frustrating! I would be delighted to look into this for you. Could you send me a private message with the serial number of the washer?

usertaKFtLEPy3
Constellation

Washer rust

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My washer is rusting around the bleach compartment.  What can be done to fix this?  

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Washer rust

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Please send us private message to the link with your model number and serial number. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userTGY1V8WAEv
Constellation

Re: Washing Machine Rusting!!!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, 

Unfortunately, I too am experiencing issues with our washing machine rusting. We too were part of the safety recall issue and our machine was repaired.  I thought it was limited to the top part of the bleach pour area, but after closer inspection it is beneath as well and flakes of rust are falling into time tub where my clothes are washing.  There is also rust visible at the opening where the lid attaches to the washing machine.  I would like your assistance on how I can have this resolved/repaired by Samsung? 

userdLHrE8xmFW
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have also noticed rust forming around the bleach dispenser. Please advise us of next steps to rectify what seems to be an existing defect with the machine.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you send us a private message with your model and serial number?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.