cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userzycjqG9A5B
Constellation

Washing Machine Rusting!!!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same problem as many others.  I thought the rust around the bleach dispenser was only cosmetic (which is the position Samsung took when people started reporting this problem), but I now find that the area under the bleach dispenser is rusting out and dropping chunks of rusted metal. The area around the detergent dispenser is starting to do the same thing.  My washing machine was repaired due to the recall which apparently involved bolting the top onto the machine, so attempting a repair myself is pretty much impossible. Please let me know what Samsung will do to repair this.

Model # WA422PRHDWR AA 02. I paid $630 for this machine at Sears. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Washing Machine Rusting!!!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Oh no! Could you send us a private message with pictures of the rust?  I would like to look into this further.  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

39 REPLIES 39
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Oh no! Could you send us a private message with pictures of the rust?  I would like to look into this further.  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userzycjqG9A5B
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

For some reason, the other messages in this thread do not appear.  In answer to your most recent email, (7-8-19 @ 9:18 AM) which stated: 

"Our apologies for the confusion, the recall repair must be completed prior to any other service. Let's get you set up for the rust repair. 

Once confirmed by the servicer, the rusting top-cover will be replaced free of charge as part of this one-time warranty accommodation. In the event that rust is not found or is not located on the top-cover, it will be an out-of-warranty repair and you will be responsible for any costs. Do you agree to these terms?"

Yes, I agree to these terms. Please let me know how to proceed. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The other messages are via private message. The moderators are able to see each others messages. Please send me a private message with the following information using this link: Link

First and Last Name:
Phone Number:
Email Address:
Full Physical Address:
Place of Purchase:
Preferred Method of Contact (Phone/SMS/Email):

userrYP9Hfk8wu
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine is rusting also and told to get a repair service to fix it and pay for it myself for a poorly built product.  They called it cosmetic.

useru82F4gRW74
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My washer is also rusting. Samsung told me to PM them the model and s/n, implying they would make the repair. After spending hours communicating with their online service department, they tell me it’s just cosmetic and they will not make the repair. This washer cost $1300 and started rusting within months of purchasing. I’ve owned other washer brands and never had such a problem. Now it’s so bad rust chips are falling in the washer and ruining my clothes. Samsung, back up your products! Get with it!!!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are sorry to hear about this. Please send the model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

userwH5VTRN7RA
Constellation

Washer rusting

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We purchased our Samsung washer Model WA5471ABWXAA in 2012, after just a couple of years noticed the top portion starting to rust.  Never experieced this before with any other washer.  I started looking into this now because of how bad it now is especially around the dispensers and where the top door opens.  Until I found this site was unaware of any recall or issues with this washer.  We purchased an extented warranty with this at our military exchange as I am retired military.  Is there any options still available to fix this issue.  From what I've read on these posts there's quite a few others who have had this issue.  It seems that the recall applies to a separate issue other than the rust.  Please advise.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Washer rusting

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are sorry to hear about this. If you register the machine for the recall at https://pages.samsung.com/us/tlw/index.html, once the recall repair is completed, we can address the rust issue under the new warranty terms.

userwH5VTRN7RA
Constellation

Re: Washer rusting

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have registered the washer and scheduled repair for tomorrow morning.  Will contact you after to address rust as per your advise.  Thank You for your support.