cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userWWCP7TFJrU
Constellation

Washing Machine Rusting

My washing machine is about 3 or 4 years old and is rusting along the top.  I "chatted" with a Samsung Agent and was told I could get paint to cover it up, but that isn't going to solve the problem.  My warranty has expired and it seems like Samsung will not do anything about it.  I have a lot of Samsung products (tv, refrigerator, dryer, and my washing machine).  I really like Samsung products, but am disappointed in the quality of this washing machine and the fact that I can't get any help to fix it.

Other than getting a new washing machine once the rust eats this one up, is there any resolution that can be offered?  I will definitely look into a purchasing a non-Samsung washing machine product in the future if Samsung won't help me.

IMG_2818.JPGIMG_2819.JPGIMG_2820.JPGIMG_2821.JPGIMG_2822.JPGIMG_2824.PNGIMG_2825.PNGIMG_2826.PNGIMG_2830.PNG

6 REPLIES 6
galaxyA10Elover
Astronaut

Re: Washing Machine Rusting

You can try to use baking soda and vinegar to clean the rusty parts. That might work. Although I can't assure you it will work, it's worth trying

user9LFYuPWf0F
Constellation

Take some sandpaper and scrub the rusted parts until the rust is all gone. Once you can't see rust you can repaint the area for protection.

YungTrev
Astronaut

it's steel, it will rust. just because it has a circuit board doesn't mean it's above that.

after 3 years of constant exposure to a damp environment, even a single chip in the paint from a dropped coin could lead to rust. if you want to fix it, get some Rust-Oleum surface rust to paintable surface converter and some color match paint. sounds like you just want a free washing machine

userWWCP7TFJrU
Constellation

I'm not looking for a free washing machine, but it's disappointing that something that's only 3/4 years old is already falling apart.  For  the money that you pay for a product, you should expect it to last longer.  This washing machine replaced my previous one that I had for years (10+), not a Samsung, that was in the same spot and there was not one speck of rust on that one. 

You sound like a joy!  If you don't have something nice to say, then you should keep your comments to yourself.

Samsung_et4jEjP
Astronaut

That's alot of rust for 3 years

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

We're sorry to hear of this. Please reach out to us via private message with your model and serial number LINK if you'd like for us to look into this.