cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user4NnraLMTs2
Constellation

Washing machine Sludge

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So I currently own a Samsung top load washing machine with matching dryer.  We have had it for three years and are now experiencing this thick brown sludge like substance.  The past two days have been nothing but clean cycles and yet more and more is coming off!  I am about ready to toss this thing out and purchase a different brand! Everywhere I have looked, has no solutions for this problem! I’ll never get another Samsung.  They look nice, but that’s all they have to offer....

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Washing machine

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you send us a private message with some pictures of the sludge?  We'd like to look into this further for you: http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

2 REPLIES 2
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you send us a private message with some pictures of the sludge?  We'd like to look into this further for you: http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

SJGUSMC21
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung, you know exactly what the 'sluge' looks like.  Please do not act like you don't know what it is.  It is mold, mildew, soap, dirt, grime and God only knows what else that gets shoved up under the agitator and IN the agitator thru the holes on the agitator.  I have always liked your products, expecially your phones, but I will never buy another appliance from you.  We bought our top loading washer and dryer 5 years ago now.  They still look knew.  The washing machine started giving us the left over 'dirt' 3 years ago.  That sounds about right.  You see (and you already know this) that the 'sludge/dirt' gets built up under the agitator over time.  It natureally  'flecks out' when in the spin cycle onto the clothing.  I took ours out yesterday,(10mm socket) and was absolutely floored at how much 'sludge' was under the agitator plate  and just under the agitator itself.   I bleached it, used 409, and finally used bleach and mold/mildew remover on it in the bathtub for about an hour.  Had to take a tooth brush and scrub the inner corners to get the 'sludge' out.  However, because the metal top agitator piece is 'crimped' onto the plactic housing, it was completely impossible to get all of the sludge out from between the two pieces.  After 3 cycles, there are still some 'sludge' particles in the wash but not much.  I would sell this [edit], but, I don't pawn my problem off on others.  That, and you sent a Time Warner Cable repair person to do WASHING MACHINE repairs on a WASHING MACHINE, not a cable box, to keep my machine from 'possibly exploding'.    And btw, he never showed up, two booking, no show.  Nope, don't think I will be fooled by you and your products again.  I understand things go wrong...but ignoring your customers, playing 'dumb' to known issues, is just [edit].