JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Loud bang and smoke from washer

(Topic created: 05-23-2022 07:16 PM)
userO5d8zk8Evq
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Help!  Right towards the end of my cycle my washer made a loud bang sound. When I opened the door (front loader) some smoke rolled out of my washer along with a horrible smell.  I have a Samsung WF338/WF339 front loader.  Any ideas as to what may have occurred?

Thank you

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Washers and Dryers

Hello, Thank you so much for reaching out about this. I can definitely understand the concern with this situation. We do recommend unplugging the washer until it can be serviced to prevent any further damage. As we review these types of situations on a case by case basis, we ask that you please reach out to one of the moderators here in a private message. You can do this by clicking our name and selecting private message. In the private message, please include the full model and serial numbers for your washer, as well as any other details about the incident not included here. 

View solution in context

2 Replies
Roxanne55
Nebula
Options
Washers and Dryers
You may want to pull the plug out of the outlet and turn you water off that is connected to the machine. You don't need a bigger issue. Call Samsung customer support or the vendor you bought it from for further advice as to what happened with your machine.
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Washers and Dryers

Hello, Thank you so much for reaching out about this. I can definitely understand the concern with this situation. We do recommend unplugging the washer until it can be serviced to prevent any further damage. As we review these types of situations on a case by case basis, we ask that you please reach out to one of the moderators here in a private message. You can do this by clicking our name and selecting private message. In the private message, please include the full model and serial numbers for your washer, as well as any other details about the incident not included here.