cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Washing machine model WA80F5S4UDW / BG "4E" error message

I have washing machine model WA80F5S4UDW / BG mainly it happens on any washing condition (not always) it stop process between rinsing and spin by “4E" error , hose is new, the filters are cleaned are cleaning and maintenance periodically , what ever make or take care this error still happens, so it have to wait until get drum empty to be able press start button to clean error code and resume with washing process .

I think this problem it seems it becomes from software design since it has a pressure switch (I hope it have) working with a timer which measures a time period and when timer is elapsed it stop process and display “4E”, it could assume as water pressure level (which in my case is normal), by the way contacted telephone to Samsung it mentioned pressure test condition is based a 1 liter bottle should be filled up on 8 seconds test result it filled on 8 seconds.

As I mentioned it happens on any kind of washing process but it never happens when it make drum clean process, therefore problem it clearly become from another reason than a water pressure issues.

The only way to cleared “4E” message is wait until drum empty water and restart process with start/pause button, CRAZY!

So I have contacted a representative by chat after explain all this issue it give me a ticket number (on March 19) before of Covid19 pandemic without any replies, until today today were I call to contact center after having

explained about water pressure test condition they assume purchased date have expired and assume as out of warranty issue, even if I have contacted before and government decision about Covid19 of social restriction.

So reply of Samsung no assume warranties condition and assume is a customer problem as choose purchasing and trust on Samsung products.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Washing machine model WA80F5S4UDW / BG "4E" error message

I'm sorry to hear that, have you tried the following? 

1. Make sure the hot and cold water supply hoses are connected to the correct inlets (hot to hot and cold to cold) on the washer, that the hoses are not bent or kinked, and that the water supply valves are completely open.

Note: Do not use Flood Safe hoses.
  2. Make sure the drain hose is inserted properly and is not kinked. It should not be inserted more than 6 inches into the drain pipe.

Note: Do not remove the screw on the back of the washer that holds the drain hose against the washer. If the screw has been removed, screw it and the holder back in with any screw that fits. If the holder is missing, service is required.
  3. Unplug the washer or flip the circuit breaker for the washer for 1 minute. Then, restore power and try to run a cycle.

If this does not help then service would be required, can you send me a private message with your full model and serial number? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Washing machine model WA80F5S4UDW / BG "4E" error message

As probably this message becomes from software piece of the forum platform;
Did it solve your problem?
Click here to view the reply and mark one as an Accepted Solution.
This helps others find helpful answers in the community too!
Unfortunately I didn’t get any answer to mark as accepted solution.