cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asteroid

Washing machine rusting away and now out-of-balance

We were so happy when we bought our very nice Samsung washer and dryer. Now I don't think I would take a Samsung appliance for free. 

The dryer is actually fine.  It is a little noisy, making a grumbling sound, but still gets the clothes dry.  The lint-catcher isn't the best but it works. 

The top-load washing machine, however...  i have never seen a washing machine rusting this badly.  In fact, I don't know that I've ever seen one rust.  Every single one I've seen for sale online or in repair videos is rusting. 

I recently had to disassemble it and spend a day wife-wheeling the rust away, priming and painting it.   It was a lot of work, and it may have been for nothing as the out-of-balance issue (Ue code) we had started to occasionally have had only gotten worse.  Now it can't finish a load.  

I have tried several remedies that have had varying degrees of success.  But the uneven load, unbalanced issue persists.  I put padding around the outside of the drum, ensured it was level, ensured that the big drum nut was tight.... All the while, running calibration cycles between attempts. 

But I finally ran a spin cycle with an empty machine and it was still vibrating pretty bad. 

What would cause this?  More importantly, what's it going to take to fix it?   Shelling out hundreds of dollars to replace a machine that should last for many more years is a tough pill to swallow. 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Washing machine rusting away and now out-of-balance

Our sincerest apologies for the frustration and inconvenience this has caused. Please feel free to send us a private message with your full model code and serial number so that we can look into this for you. http://bit.ly/33ipYnO

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I sent the requested info, and am cautiously hopeful.  I will post all developments here. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Well, as promised, here is the update.  I say "the" update as opposed to "an" update because, thanks to the forum, I got the machine completely repaired through the warranty.  It took a few extra days for some parts to come in but was worth it.  

back in action and good as new.  Having a company stand behind their product is worth a lot and I would, now, buy another knowing that they will make it right.