Original topic:

Washing machine seems to stop itself and resume, makes noises

(Topic created: 08-23-2021 12:14 PM)
DiyNewbie
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

My Samsung front loading washing machine recently started making loud noises early in the cycle.  I think it might be the noise of the drum stopping? Then it may make the chime that it normally makes when you first press the start button. It will then resume, and do this again several times. I think it is starting and stopping, though normally the display stays on the entire time. The display time might just move 3 minutes over the first 10 or  15 minutes of having started. After that, it seems to continue as normal. Although today it actually shut itself off completely within a few minutes of starting. I had to turn the power back on and press start again. It made the loud noises and chimes every so often for awhile, then seemed to proceed as normal.

I recorded the sounds it makes; is there a way to upload an mp3 file here? Otherwise, does anyone know what the problem might be?

FYI, the model number is: WF210ANW/XAA 04

2 Replies
SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Washers and Dryers

Out of curiosity, have you cleaned and drained the debris/ pump filter? Sometimes, if that isn't cleaned and drained out regularly, it will cause the washer to not work properly.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
DiyNewbie
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Yes, I did that before posting my question. Then I started a load, and the problem was still there.

0 Likes