cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Water won't pump out of Samsung front loader

have as Samsung front load machine WF448AAWXAA02 with an error message "check pump filter" coming on about half way through a Quick Cycle mode.  When I went to take the drain filter basket out water GUSHED everywhere. It was easily 1-1.5 gallons of water just pouring out of pipe where the filter basket sits. After that mess and cleaning out the filter basket thoroughly I tried putting some damp sheets in the washer & ran them just on a spin only cycle so very little water was run in to the machine. I wanted to make sure that cleaning the pump filter solved the problem. When the spin cycle finished I went to check the filter by removing the filter basket and I got another gush of water when I unscrewed the filter basket. This gush wasn’t as big as the one I got when the machine stopped mid cycle of a quicl cycle wash but it was still about 2 cups of water. Any thoughts on why this is happened to my machine?  Machine is level. Thanks for any help or tips you can provide!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Water won't pump out of Samsung front loader

You'll want to use the small drain hose next to the filter when attempting to drain the machine.  Here is a link with some info on the positioning of the drain hose in the back of the unit that may help with your issue https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001013/.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.