cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tnd1103
Asteroid

Why is there dirt in the bottom in my machine?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After every wash there is dort at the bottom of my washing machine and in thr dryer screen

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Why is there dirt in the bottom in my machine?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey everyone,

To keep your washer tub clean, use the SELF CLEAN cycle at least once a month or every 20 cycles.

Perform the recommended procedures below when using the SELF CLEAN cycle. On 2011–2013 models, the SELF CLEAN cycle is labeled “Pure Cycle.”

1. Remove all items from the washer tub and ensure the tub is empty. Laundry left in the tub during the SELF CLEAN cycle may be damaged.
  2. Press Power to turn on the washer.
  3. Turn the Cycle Selector to SELF CLEAN (or select Pure Cycle).
  4. Press and hold Start/Pause (Hold to Start).
  5. After the SELF CLEAN cycle, leave the lid open to dry.

Note:

• The water temperature for SELF CLEAN is set to Hot and cannot be changed.
  • When noticeable residue is present in the washer tub, add 1 cup (8 fl.oz or 240ml) of liquid chlorine bleach to the bleach compartment before you start the SELF CLEAN cycle.
  • Do not use or mix any other detergent or chemicals during the SELF CLEAN cycle. If necessary, run a RINSE+SPIN cycle after the SELF CLEAN cycle has completed to help remove any residual residue.
  • Please be aware that certain usage and environmental conditions may result in residue build-up or odor in the washer tub.

Caution:

• Check the washer tub before using the SELF CLEAN cycle. Remove any water remaining in the tub by running the SPIN ONLY cycle before starting the SELF CLEAN cycle.
  • If there is chlorine bleach left in the washer tub for an extended period of time, rust can occur.

If you have additional questions you can go here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01108629/ or reach out to me or another Moderator in a direct message!

158 REPLIES 158
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can you please provide us with the model of the washer you have? 

Community Guidelines: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Welcome-Blog/Samsung-Community-General-Guidelines/ba-p/459817
Terms of Service: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Welcome-Blog/Samsung-Community-Terms-and-Conditions/ba-p/460091
Tnd1103
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

WA48H7400AW

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Cleaning the interior of your washer periodically is required to remove any dirt, soil, odor, mold, mildew, or bacterial
residue that may remain in your washer as a result of washing clothes. Failure to do so may result in unpleasant conditions, including odors and/or permanent stains on your washer or laundry. Self Clean is a self-cleaning cycle that removes dirt and mold that may occur inside the washing machine. Details regarding the self clean cycle can be found on page 29 of the user manual here: http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201512/20151226174201123/WA7000HA_WA48H_DC68-03133P-11_...

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Tnd1103
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have tried the self cleaning cycle.  There is still dirt in the machine after the 80min self cleaning cycle. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for this information. Can you please send me a private message with your serial number? Thank you. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userE27kTIy9VX
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I see many comments on the sand or gravel in a Samsung washer. We're having the same issue with ours. I've never heard of thgis issue with any other brand. Something has to be wrong here.

userDYMKp4cMxi
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I my self have this brown sandy substance on my clothes from my Samsung washing machine. It wasn't happening when I first got it and I'm OCD so I do the self cleaning and take care of my machine. No matter what I've done it still hasn't gone away and its getting me really frustrated. HELP!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userDYMKp4cMxi, for assistance with this concern. Please send us a private message to the link with your model and the serial number. 

userKsDHjLSsn6
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue with my washer, wa50k8600av/as. I've run the self clean cycle and recalibrated the unit. How do I get the dirt out?