cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userAN1vWF7qrI
Astronaut

Re: Why is there dirt in the bottom in my machine?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same issue with model WA50F9A7DSW

usereJpvBdpsFl
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same issue.  I’d love to know why and have it fixed. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey everyone,

To keep your washer tub clean, use the SELF CLEAN cycle at least once a month or every 20 cycles.

Perform the recommended procedures below when using the SELF CLEAN cycle. On 2011–2013 models, the SELF CLEAN cycle is labeled “Pure Cycle.”

1. Remove all items from the washer tub and ensure the tub is empty. Laundry left in the tub during the SELF CLEAN cycle may be damaged.
  2. Press Power to turn on the washer.
  3. Turn the Cycle Selector to SELF CLEAN (or select Pure Cycle).
  4. Press and hold Start/Pause (Hold to Start).
  5. After the SELF CLEAN cycle, leave the lid open to dry.

Note:

• The water temperature for SELF CLEAN is set to Hot and cannot be changed.
  • When noticeable residue is present in the washer tub, add 1 cup (8 fl.oz or 240ml) of liquid chlorine bleach to the bleach compartment before you start the SELF CLEAN cycle.
  • Do not use or mix any other detergent or chemicals during the SELF CLEAN cycle. If necessary, run a RINSE+SPIN cycle after the SELF CLEAN cycle has completed to help remove any residual residue.
  • Please be aware that certain usage and environmental conditions may result in residue build-up or odor in the washer tub.

Caution:

• Check the washer tub before using the SELF CLEAN cycle. Remove any water remaining in the tub by running the SPIN ONLY cycle before starting the SELF CLEAN cycle.
  • If there is chlorine bleach left in the washer tub for an extended period of time, rust can occur.

If you have additional questions you can go here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01108629/ or reach out to me or another Moderator in a direct message!

userw01dux65jY
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Add me to the list.  My model is WA48H7400AW/A2.  We've had the washer/dryer set a couple years now and the flakes of mold have just started to appear.  I am not looking forward to tearing this apart.  I actually chose to have my drain cleaned thinking it was backing up, but even after a couple self clean cycles, it is still dirty.  So, is anyone taking legal action?  Count me in!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you send us an e-mail with the following information: Your name, the model and serial number of the washer, pictures of the mold and a copy of your bill of sale if it's available.  Send it to smsupport@sea.samsung.com and include #27153239 in the subject line. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userpKGgOZT4Dz
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Any resolution to your problem? My washer has started doing this recently. I have been using the self clean cycle, alone and with bleach. Very frustrating. I thought Samsung was supposed to have reliable products, but now I’m seeing why more and more people say to avoid! 

userLdokf85Q7L
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've run the self clean cycle 2 times in the last two days there is still dirt accumulating in the bottom of my machine and it deposits on my clothing I'm afraid to wash anything. Trying the self clean with bleach and an old dish towel now hoping the 3rd time is the charm. 

userCcxAE98XQw
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have done this. I have also wiped my machine down by hand and run another self clean cycle only to find the machine full of silt/sediment again after the cycle runs. Literally the only way my machine becomes clean is by our clothes picking up all of the dirt(yuck). Tonight I had my fiancé take apart the machine to figure out if hose filters needed to be cleaned or if there was a drainage issue and everything is working fine and yet the machine is still constantly dirty. The silt isn’t coming from our laundry, it seems to be coming out of the basket which I have no idea if it’s even possible to remove and externally clean the basket....

I’m seeing everyone else who got to this point was advised to PM a moderator so now I am also wondering what the next step is? 

userWs7mczJxyC
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have done the self clean like clock work. I vacuum out the dirt and wipe it out after every load. I still get dirt in the bottom. Going to check the drain pump next. Will never buy a samsung appliance again. Have replaced the heating element in my dryer twice also. My appliances started acting up after 4 years. Once the warranty ended. Unsatisfied with samsung appliances.

user1cdkVEhhdt
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My issue started after we were away for a month. A sandy like substance was left in the bottom of the wash tub. I watched a YouTube video showing removal of the agitator and cleaning the top of the alloy mounting piece that holds the inner stainless tub to the motor shaft. I tried that but still had the issue. I ended up removing the inner tub and removing the alloy mount. The issue appears to be detergent and other stuff was packed into the crevices of this mount and slowly releasing during a wash cycle. I dug out the big pieces and power washed it to clean it.