cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userpvQht8BmsL
Astronaut

Re: Why is there dirt in the bottom in my machine?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What’s the latest here? We have lots of dirt/sand in our washer. We are a very active family with dirt and such from athletics but isn’t that the point of a washer? We always remove as much excess before washing as possible. I’ve vacuumed out the washer and it never goes away. 

Im open to join a class action suit here as well. Ours is just over a year old and has done this since day one. 

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am sorry to hear this. Have you run a self-clean cycle on the unit? 

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there, just checking in to see if you were still in need of assistance. 

MYQUE19
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please go back and read all the messages. 

Self clean does not work.  Several people on here want to get a class action lawsuit started. 

This issue is not going away for anyone. 

I found that removing the agitater plate from the bottom and cleaning it thoroughly takes care of it for a while.  I have come to the conclusion that I just have to do that every so often.  This process is not easy and it leaves the opportunity for breaking it even worse.  This is the only way I know to get the brown flakes to go away for a while. 

This issue is not resolved. 

userVKDWWAQ5zW
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How do you take the agitator plate out without breaking it? After that what do I need to do? I’ve been noticing the diet for a while and have only had the unit for a year. I ran self cleaning tonight several times and each time the dirt was worse...

MYQUE19
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There is a small round center cap that needs to be popped out. You will need a small flathead screwdriver to release the tabs.  Be very careful you don’t snap the tabs.  Search Samsung top load agitator cap on amazon to get a look at the tabs. Once you remove the small center cap you will see the nut. Remove nut. Then you will need to pry up the plate off of the  screw the nut was on. Then lift out and clean in your bathtub. 

MYQUE19
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Self clean will not work.  The dirt flakes are lodged in the plate. Please see all other posts in this thread.  It has been discussed (without Samsung’s help) a number of times.  Believe me I wish there was a better alternative. 

Good Luck. 

user3mGXIIPqrp
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have been having same issue. We have had nothing but problems with samsung washer since we bought only 6 years ago. I removed the agitator plate and found the source of the dirt. Apparently years worth of stuff that don't escape the machine. Wish I could post pics here. Clearly machine doesn't drain right. Thanks samsung. Ordered a new machine from maytag yesterday. 

userXwH3KGw8tk
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How did you remove the agitator plate?  Do you have to take off the back of the machine?  We’ve removed the agitator cap and the bolt inside but the plate doesn’t lift off.  Thanks!

userUZyuZYsDNI
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same issue...for quite awhile.  I have model WA45H7000A and have little specks of trash all over clothes and machine.