cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
useriIVxIdMi6S
Astronaut

Re: Why is there dirt in the bottom in my machine?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem with an increasing amount of "gunk" as time goes by.  Dont feel comfortable taking the machine apart to clean it at the risk of it not working propery after, but also dont feel like we sould have to replace machine after only five years.  Seems like mods suggest the same non-working solution each time.  

Has anyone gotten a true resolution from Samsung?  We also have a Samsung dryer and Samsung refrigerator and both are also trash.  

user17bw7VnBTl
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello Samsung,

I have the same issue with "dirt" in the washer after many many self clean cycles with water, bleach, etc. I decided to pop off the agitator and found that the root cause is MASSIVE corrosion of the metal "spider," dc66-00776a. I removed the drum, cleaned everything as well as I could, reassembled, and have run 10-20 self clean cycles since but still seeing the debris remain. It is a lot better but still unacceptable and I dont think it will ever go away since this metal part just continues to corrode when exposed to moisture. Can you please provide a solution? Replacing the metal spider doesn't seem possible since it has fused to the shaft.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung can repair the unit for you, however if the unit is out of warranty, the out of warranty fees would apply. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

user17bw7VnBTl
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I believe I can do the repair myself, I just need a functional part. Can you please help provide a functional part that will not corrode?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Replacement parts and accessories can be found on www.samsungparts.com. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

user17bw7VnBTl
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The only thing I can find is the entire basket assembly, DC97-18601B, which has the same exact part that fails very fast due to heavy corrosion. Is there a new part available that does not prematurely fail? It doesn't make sense for me to purchase the same badly designed part for over $200, which will result in the same poor performance with clothes becoming more dirty than before being washed.

Model #: WA52J8700AP/A2   01

How do I determine if my unit is still under warranty?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The Samsung limited warranty for your model is One year part and labor for the entire unit, Three years stainless tub part (Part Only), Ten years Direct Drive motor part (Part Only) from the date of purchase. For a more accurate inventory and question regarding their inventory, you can reach out to J&J International directly at 800-627-4368. 

user3dqtCphAbX
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have constant brown clumps of dirt at the bottom of the drum and on my clothes at the end of the wash cycle. My model is wa50f9a6dsw/a2. Have run pure cycle wish bleach, baking soda and vinegar numerous times and dirt deposits continue. Is there an actual solution other than a new washing machine?

userL5tS1rly3n
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have this problem and it's getting worse, even after multiple self clean cycles as suggested. My model is WA48J7700A

0-1.jpeg0.jpeg

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userL5tS1rly3n I would like to look into this a bit further. Mind shooting me a private message with the full model and serial number?