cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userUZyuZYsDNI
Constellation

Re: Why is there dirt in the bottom in my machine?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same issue...for quite awhile.  I have model WA45H7000A and have little specks of trash all over clothes and machine.

userUZyuZYsDNI
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is anyone from Samsung going to respond to our concerns?  We all have run the self clean several times and continue to get trash/dirt in the water.  So that option is off the table and is not a fix.  Please respond.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried the troubleshooting steps presented in this thread yet?

userUZyuZYsDNI
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've tried several of the tips left by consumers who have the same issue.  The only thing I have seen a Samsung rep 

userUZyuZYsDNI
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

To finish my email above...

The only tip I have seen Samsung rep give is the hose in the drain line.  I have tried pulling it back and still get dirt.  The only thing I have not tried is taking out the cap in the middle.  It's very hard to reach and I dont want to break it.  But comments were that it only lasted a little while.  I realize the machine does not make the dirt, but I have put loads of clothes in that have no dirt on them until I pull from the machine.  So there is a problem with the machine.  I'll stick to Samsung TVs, but not appliances.   I just purchased a new dryer, refrigerator,  and microwave and you can rest assured they were not Samsung products.

userDhteRUtEzV
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How was this solved?

MYQUE19
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The problem is that it is not solved. 

They wont change the thread.  Please see below for what has worked for me. 

The “fix” is that you need is the agitator plate needs to be removed and DEEP cleaned. 

Step 1 remove small cap with small flat head screwdriver (not too much pressure or the tabs will break) search amazon for agitator cap for Samsung and you will see in the picture how the tabs are. 

Step 2 remove the nut and washers  And clean any grease. 

Step 3 take agitator plate to bathtub and clean with 409 or another cleaner.  Use a brush and a handheld shower head and clean all the crevices.  You will see all the “brown flakes” come out. Just when you think you’re done, keep going. 

Step 4 reassemble. 

I have come to the conclusion that Samsung will never address this issue and I will need to do this as needed for regular maintenance. 

Good Luck. 

usersS7y7nh02c
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This problem is not solved, but I follow the suggestion of other users and added an extra step. It has been a week and I haven't seen any "dirt" at all!

The “fix” is that you need is the agitator plate needs to be removed, deep cleaned, and spray painted. 

Step 1 remove small cap with small flat head screwdriver (not too much pressure or the tabs will break) search amazon for agitator cap for Samsung and you will see in the picture how the tabs are. 

Step 2 remove the nut and washers  And clean any grease. 

Step 3 take agitator plate to bathtub and clean with Chlorine.  Use a scrub brush and a handheld shower head and clean all the crevices.  You will see all the “brown flakes” come out. Just when you think you’re done, keep going. 

Step 4 spray paint the rusty piece at the bottom of the drum under the agitator plate. If you leave this uncoated it will continue to deteriorate every time it gets wet. I used Rustoleum spray paint because it can be used directly over rust, and I gave it 2 coats.

Step 5 reassemble. 

userAN1vWF7qrI
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We were not able to remove the agitator.  We removed the cap, but the bolt would not move.    How did you remove the agitator?

The washer is model WA50F9A7DSW.    

usersijWvzgoMs
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is an absurd ordeal for the consumer to have to take on themselves. Samsung's denial and refusal to remedy this situation on a large scale is unacceptable. I'm not sure what the "Pure Cycle" does but it will NOT fix this problem so don't waste the water. I guess we can all feel lucky we didn't have one of the machines that exploded but I will also never purchase Samsung products again. Unfortunately, we have a house full of their appliances.

The bolt is very stiff but it will loosen if you can hold the drum still. I had a difficult time getting the agitator plate out. It sits on a tall spindle so you have to be able to get under opposite sides and wiggle it up. Once it's out, the frustrating and messy process of trying to flush water between the metal top and plastic bottom begins. You'll see dark areas under the plastic, which is the residue build-up, that slowly wash out but it's impossible to get everything.

After my next load of laundry finished, there was no longer disgusting sediment left over. It does work and hopefully Samsung will offer a better agitator plate (at their expense) before I have to do it again.