Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: dryer will not shut off

JUMP TO SOLUTION

1. Make sure that the 3-hr Air-fluff/Wrinkle Prevent option is not on.
2. Run a light load of clothing. Does it heat?

3. Does the unit show any error codes?

If the unit does not cut off and runs continuously unplug the unit for about 5 minutes and plug back in if it’s turning then we need more details about if the unit is heating or not.

If this does not resolve the issue service is recommended. Please feel free to send me a private message with your full model and serial number. http://bit.ly/2tCGnGK

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I see this is a comon problem. Is there a comon solution?

We have unplugged the dryer and waited to plug back in... still the same.

We the unplugged the dryer, shut the circuit off at our home's breaker box - turned the breaker back on, plugged the dryer back in... still the same.

Any advice?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Samsung dryer is right at 2 years old and just last night it started running continuously. The only way to stop it is to open the door or unplug it. When the power button is pressed the controls turn off but the dryer keeps running.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

On my dryer it was a problem with one of the relays on the motherboard. If you google the problem, you should be able to find a you tube tutorial on how to access the motherboard. I had to "tap" pretty hard on the relay (long black box) to get it to stop sticking. Hope this helps. I am not sure how long of a fix this will result in - my dryer just broke yesterday. Otherwise, it is a matter of replacing the motherboard (which i understand will also break in about a year or two).

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Samsung Dryer is only 1.5 years old. It ran a cycle and now it won't stop running with nothing on the display board turned on.  I have to unplug it to get it to stop and then it will turn right back on when you plug it in.  I tried to do all the suggested things to fix it with no luck.  Please help!

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Here's a link in regards to the unit not turning off.  https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001990/

When it comes to the unit not heating, have you checked the vents for clogs by any chance?  Will it not heat on both sensor dry and timed dry cycles?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Samsung Dryer Won't Stop or Heat

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes I cleaned out the vent for clogs.  I took off the top panel and unplugged all the connections and replugged them in.  I also ordered a replacement Heat Coil and replaced it.  None of these options worked.  I have tried just about everything I can find including all the suggestions in your video.  I don't understand why this is happening in a unit that is only 1.5 years old.  Please help!!

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung Dryer Won't Stop or Heat

JUMP TO SOLUTION

At this point, we would suggesting acquiring a service manual from Samsungparts.com or reaching out to a local technician for potential solutions.  

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

On my dryer it was a problem with one of the relays on the motherboard. If you google the problem, you should be able to find a you tube tutorial on how to access the motherboard. I had to "tap" pretty hard on the relay (long black box) to get it to stop sticking. Hope this helps. I am not sure how long of a fix this will result in - my dryer just broke yesterday. Otherwise, it is a matter of replacing the motherboard (which i understand will also break in about a year or two).

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Modle number dv56h9000ep/a2 when cycle finishes the dryer will keep running all night and every day till I open the door.  It has been doing this for a very long time.  Unplugging it for any amount of time does no good.  Looking around and it seems this is a major problem with samsung dryers in general.  When I first boght these units I recommended them to my friends and it apears they have also had the same issues.  I always thought samsung was a good company but to have this many issues of the same thing and no recalls seems to be unethical.  Anyone know if this is just a relay or if it is electric control board.