Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: dryer will not shut off

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a Samsung model DV520AEP. 

Had the continuous run issue.  Only thing that would stop the drum from spinning was opening the door or unplugging the machine. And after letting it sit unplugged for up to an hour, the problem still came right back.

Then I tried this, and so far, so good (it's still the same day though): with the door opened, I pressed and held the "pause button" while shutting the door. The dryer did not start spinning and now seems to work as it should. To be honest, I can't remember for sure whether I had the front panel on or off at the time I tried that trick, but I think it was on. Fingers crossed the fix will last. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

FIXED FOR ME!

Unplugged. Plugged back in (door open).

Power on. Set to Normal cycle.

Closed door. All started.

Paused cycle.

Opened door and everything stopped.

***Seems fine now***

Additional note, at one point the machine was FLASHING "DC" (failed electronic lock). So maybe it could have been something wrong with the door lock (makes sense because it would open while running???)

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also am having the exact same problem. Samsung will not stand behind what is obvious a defect in the product, so although I paid $900 dollars for this piece of garbage just last year, I'm goin got replace it and that will be the last of Samsung products in my home. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userryaDO6cLOh    We are sorry to hear about this. Please send the full model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Dryer does not stop DVG45M5500W/A3

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My dryer can't be stopped even the time is expired.  Only way to stop is to open the door, or unplug the power cord.

We tried everything to reset the dryer, and cleaned the external exausted pipe.

Please advise

Samung Dryer model:   DVG45M5500W/A3

Serial #:   <HIDDEN>

Highlighted
Constellation

DV42H5000 won't shut off tried all the recommended was bought in 2018

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've read all avout this problem and wantred to know what samsung can do about this...My old maytag dryer never had a problem in 12 years and this new samsung is already dead Smiley Sad and i loved it....

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same issue. Conveniently just after the 1 year warranty expired. Ridiculous for a 700$ machine.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Turn the "ECO Dry" button off. 

Highlighted
Constellation

DV42H5000EW/A3 does not turn off

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Great appliance, but, suddenly the dryer will not shut off with door closed unless unplugged. Power off w/ door closed it's still running. No heat either.  Wrinkle option is not set.  Please help.  Buried in laundry!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same issue with my dryer and would like to know if this problem has been resolved.  I see here that this has been going on since 2017!!! Has nothing been done about this???  And, of course I'm just over the one year warranty like everyone else here.  I've gone thru the resetting process and all the other rig-a-ma-roll.  The only way to shut it off is to leave the door open or unplug it. The display doesn't turn-on/light up.  I work for a forensic engineering company and this seems like a very dangerous situation...for all involved.