cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: dryer will not shut off

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks, this worked on my DV365 for the last month any time the drum would continue to spin at the end of a cycle (with 'wrinkle prevent' off)!

...however, this solution no longer works for me, i follow the above steps and just keeps spinning... it's like the problem is getting worse.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did you get a solution! Mine is doing this also

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It is triggered by opening The dryer door when the cycle is running without first hitting pause for us.  The continuous run, even when the control panel is off, can last forever it seems, then randomly fix.

Has anyone figured out a way to reset it?

We have had the same problem for about a year. It will randomly reset though at some point and then work with no problems.

I read that by holding down the wrinkle prevent and dry level button for seven seconds it takes it out of a type of service mode and I see a difference on the control panel screen but it does not seem that the control panel screen is actually connected to the actions of the dryer when it is like this.

any insight? Thanks! 

model no DV48H7400EW/A2

serial no <hidden>

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does It show any error codes on the display? Please feel free to send me a private message so I can look further into this for you. http://bit.ly/2tCGnGK

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Add me to the newest Samsung victim list.

I just bought all new appliances for my house, all samsung. My fridge's ice maker (after about 1.5 yrs) is defective, which samsung knows about (and is being sued over, coz they wont honor that, either) and now this.

I bought the washer and dryer 14 mos ago, and it just started doing this. Same notes as everyone else... spins and spins, unless I open the door or cut its power. No heat.

The first time it ever did this, the buttons were still working... and I managed to take it OUT of service mode, and made it stop. It was working, it was heating again, and I managed to do TWO loads of laundry. I thought I fixed it... til it started doing it again. Only now, the buttons dont respond at all, and that trick no longer works. At this point, I suspect foul play. I really dont think its a faulty board at all.. I think its intentional, to filter more money into their business via expensive parts and labor costs.

Fortunately, I bought a 5 yr warranty with it, which Ill be having to deal with now... prolly for a faulty replacement that will do it again in 14 mos. It is UTTERLY RIDICULOUS this is such a prevalent problem, on so many different dryer models :gestures to the lonnnnng thread of complaints: and Samsung does NOTHING about it. I think we prolly need a class action lawsuit to go along with the fridge's icemaker lawsuit thats pending (such crappy products)

I wont be buying ANYTHING samsung ever again.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

SAMSUNG should only build items that are no bigger than handheld. First my washer was 1 month out of warranty and they would not fix. Bought another mfg and has been great. Now the matching Samsung Dryer I bought 5 years ago, is continuously running.  FIX or REPLACE?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

1. Make sure that the 3-hr Air-fluff/Wrinkle Prevent option is not on.
2. Run a light load of clothing. Does it heat?

3. Does the unit show any error codes?

If the unit does not cut off and runs continuously unplug the unit for about 5 minutes and plug back in if it’s turning then we need more details about if the unit is heating or not.

If this does not resolve the issue service is recommended. Please feel free to send me a private message with your full model and serial number. http://bit.ly/2tCGnGK

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,

I am having the same issue.  Is there anything you can do to help ?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I see this is a comon problem. Is there a comon solution?

We have unplugged the dryer and waited to plug back in... still the same.

We the unplugged the dryer, shut the circuit off at our home's breaker box - turned the breaker back on, plugged the dryer back in... still the same.

Any advice?